cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHARM- Transport Route Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am new to the charm configuration and I require your help for the below request.

we have a requirement from business to setup charm configuration on below scenario:

we have 5 system landscape(DEV,Q1,Q2,pre-prod,prod) and in development system we have 2 clients (110,120), one for WB and another one for Customizing changes.

Suppose if  developers want to create TR for customizing req then they will create in 120 client and this request needs to go to Quality system in all clients(200,210,220).

When developer wants create WB request then he will create a TR from 110 client and this will go Quality system in client 200 alone. Like that we need to do for Quality 2 system and pre-prod system as well.

Till now  we are using 2 transport layer(ZDEV & SAP) for transport layer.Here i am confused that as per above scenario, how we will split the WB req from client 110 will use the particular transport group and Customizing req from 120 will use separate transport group.

Because customizing request wont capture in any package so we dont need any transport layer for customizing.

Is it possible to configure like "from development system, 110 client will use one Transport group and from 120 will use another TR group?

And also is it possible to select a source system while creating a TR in Charm? and we thought if we create 2 logical components(one for WB clients and another one Customizing clients ) in the same Charm project, then while we creating the TR we will choose the particular logical components depend upon the request.

Can you please guide me which is the better option to meet the above requirement in transport route configuration & selecting the source system.

Thanks in Advance,

Lakshmanan V

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmanan,

--- you can select the source system in the charm, if your project has multiple development system means more than 1 logical component. F4 help direct you to choose the system and client.

in your project you should have n number of logical components, which exactly depicts the flow of your changes,

1, D110 ->     Q200 -> P

2. D120->     Q200, Q210, Q220-> P

or

1, D110 ->     Q200 -> P

2. D120->     Q200, -> P

3. D120->     Q210, -> P

4. D120->     Q220, -> P

and you can create target groups for Q multiple clients, hence you need min 2 and max 4 logical components.

please refer the question 2 how to work with target groups.

------ regarding your query on customizing on transport layer, it is very true that customizing transport request never follow the transport layer, but create the custom transport layer and assign as the default layer, then by default all the changes goes to D120 and follows the layer of that. rest all goes via layer of D110, just try, this is the basis trick we use it always.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Best regards,

Jansi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to ask one more query in this thread.

Can we configure STMS transport Route without any Target client in both consolidation route and delivery route? because I read the pre-req of charm, they mentioned like we need to activate the parameter to CTC=1 and also transport route should be client specific.

Anyway In logical componenet  , we are maintaining SID:Client for all systems. then why client specific transport route is required? We can do the charm configuration without Transport route also right?

Kinldy explain my  query.

Regards,

Lakshmanan V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Thanks for your confirmation.

Actually i am also a basis consultant and I have planned to configure the transport layer on that way, what you have mentioned above. but i was little bit worrring that this changes should not affect our  existing packages.

Now I got confirmation from you as well, so i will do the changes tommorrow and will update on this.

Regards,

Lakshmanan V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Have you tried to make 2 different logical component each for purpose you described? I think it might be a solution for your problem, but maybe there is a way in different actions..

Hope it helps.