cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not getting populated for new field (SAP Workmanager 6.2)

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am working on SAP Workmanager 6.2. I have a requirement to add a field (license number) in the equipments screen.

To do the same, I have added a field in the 'Equipments' object. The same has been done in the screenset.

The following java changes has been made.

But, the data is not getting populated on the client. However, it is found in the server logs.

When I am trying to interchange the 'license' field with the 'description' field in the java code, the data is getting populated.

As obvious, the license number is coming on the description field and description is coming on the license field.

Can anyone suggest, why the data is not getting populated from the first code.

Regards,

Bino

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

The issue has been resolved. I changed the type of the license number field from ASCII string (case-insensitive) to International string (case-insensitive).

After the change has been done, the data was coming perfectly.

Regards,

Bino

former_member113639
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bino,

Thanks for posting the solution.

Regards

Murali

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member113639
Participant
0 Kudos

As mentioned by Jason. Have you added this field to Equipment Object or Complex Table in Agentry depending on where you want to see this field

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Bino,

Have you added a new LicenceNumber object property to the appropriate Agentry object that you are fetching down in the Editor definitions?  Just adding it to the java class wont do it, you need somewhere to put it on the Agentry side.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

0 Kudos

Hello,

Yeah.. I have done that already. I have added the license field in the equipment object and also in the equipment complex table. The same has been done in screenset too.

But still the data is not getting populated.

Regards,

Bino

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Bino,

Make sure that you are using the SAPObjectArrayFactory class to recreate the final array of objects before passing them back to the fetch.  When extending an SAPObject, this is necessary or Agentry will discard the new fields that are not part of the parent object that was extended:

array = (GoodsMovementDocument[])SAPObjectArrayFactory.createSAPObjectArray(array, SAPObjectFactory.create(_User, "GoodsMovementDocument"));

In the above example, the array will be transformed from a GoodsMovementDocument to whatever ZClass is defined for a GoodsMovementDocument in the config panel.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP