cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webservice connection using BODS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to push data to a webservice using BODS. But I am not able to map the input schema to the schema of the function.I need to map only one field from source to target. Whenever I save the mapping Query.Subschema , designer logs off automatically. Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Aswathi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the complete version of DS ?

also, the input on the left side is not matching with the function input, can you build the complete input schema is previous transform, and try to map

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manoj. I added one more query transform before this and copied the nested schema from the function definition and added it to that query. Then mapped it to the query transform where we actually have the function and it worked.

But the job fails when I try to execute it. " There is no response from the webservice. Ensure that the network, web server and service are running fine".

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There's a completely working example at Consuming an external Web Service - Enterprise Information Management - SCN Wiki

It might be interesting to compare with your solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is a generic error and can happen for multiple reason to identify the root cause, run the job from command line using al_engine with additional -D -np option and post the last few lines of %DS_COMMON_DIR%\log\axis2_log.txt file

or

if you are on DS 4.2 SP2 Patch 2 or higher, instead of  running from command line you can also add the following to the %DS_COMMON_DIR%\conf\DSConfig.txt under [al_engine] section

search for Native_Webservice_Call_Timeout_Miliseconds and add the following entry

Native_Webservice_Call_Enable_Debug = TRUE

run the job from Designer and check for %DS_COMMON_DIR%\log\axis2_log.txt file

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had imported  this atl into my repository. But I the had job failed due to the same error. Can you please give more information on editing the axis2.html file? Right now the proxy is defined as "

parameter name="PROXY" proxy_host="123.0.2.1" proxy_port="8080" proxy_username="" proxy_password="" locked="true"/

I need to only uncomment this line, or give the username and password for the webservice as well?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The DS version we use is 4.2 SP3 . I modified the dsconfig file as you said, but the axis2_log.txt file generated was empty.

Answers (0)