cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing Standard Fields on UI MDG-M

benjamin_allsopp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Running MDG 7. We have had a custom material master change request set-up for a while now and everything has worked as it should.

However this morning when we came to run a change request through we encountered a problem...

As soon as a Roundtrip event is triggered (e.g.from using a drop down) all of the fields in the Basic Data UIBB lose their values, but all the other UIBBs retain their values. Running the check entity method through debugging shows that it_data is not being populated by the input values.

We also have certain fields defaulting using the Rule Service BADI (MTART, MEINS etc.) and even though these are being defaulted, as seen in debugging, they are not shown on the screen. Some of these fields are used in different UIBBs, MEINS is in the dimensions UIBB and the default value is being shown.

This has led me to believe that there is something wrong with the Basic Data UIBB but all the settings look fine.

What could cause standard and previously working custom fields to no longer populate in the back-end tables? It's almost as if the UI input fields are not connected to anything. How could this be?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

benjamin_allsopp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We raised a SAP incident about this but time is running low for us to correct the problem so we are restoring our systems to before the issue happened...so may never know what went wrong and how to correct it 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin,

Does your issue resolved ?

We are facing the same issue in Classification UIBB,Characteristics values are getting cleared after changing the material type.

Thanks&Regards,

Bhuvaneswari V.

benjamin_allsopp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We never got an answer back from SAP.

We ended up restoring the system to a previous date when the fields were working - haven't hit the same problem since.

shivananddeshmu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Some times we too had erratic behaviour of UI. The following steps correct such problems many times.

1) Clear UI Metadata buffers (MDGIMG -> Master data governance for material -> Clear UI metadata buffer

2) Invalidate shared memory areas using TC: SHMM

benjamin_allsopp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Shivanand,

Following the two steps you outlined hasn't resolved our problem on this occasion.

d024348
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi, one reason if data of one entity is cleared might be broken BRF+ rules for that entity.

Note 1731488 mentions this and provides a way to fix the signature structure of this BRF+ rule.

Regards, Ingo Bruß

benjamin_allsopp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.

We have had a look this morning at this note on your recommendation. All our rules and checks are coded using a rule_service BADI so this note can't be applied as there is no signature tab to refresh.

I've had a look at the MATERIAL entity in BRF+ and nothing seems to be wrong with it...there's no binding on the structure but each data element is bound correctly.

Another reason I think it might not be the entity itself is because our derivations (using the BADI) are getting filled in the tables...but the screen fields are not retaining them...the below screenshot shows the it_data table from check entity with UoM and Material type highlighted as an example of this.

This leads me to believe it could be something to do with the UIBB or the Wires? But nothing appears to be wrong with these either.

benjamin_allsopp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

What's more - I've just looked at a finalized change request from a few days ago.

This showed all the fields filled in on the screen when it was created and approved, as well as passing them into the ECC6 tables.

Now, when I pull up the completed change request the basic data fields are all empty on the UI. But every other UIBB has the data displayed.

What connects the data from the tables to the UI? And how could it be fixed/troubleshooted?

raghu3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin,

Try reactivating the data model once in MDGIMG

Regards,

Raghu

benjamin_allsopp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input Raghu.

We have tried this and it did not improve things,

I've just reactivated it again to make sure, but the problem is still there.