cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Date Logic for Vertex ( Feeding in from SAP )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to determine the various scenarios that may exist for Tax Date logic within our SAP ECC system for both

Output / Input tax..

By Default Output taxes use the date that SAP comes up with which is the 'services rendered date' & for Input

taxes this is set at 'document date"

I know that Vertex will use the date that is sent from SAP, but I need to know if other date fields exist that

would need to be passed in custom date fields.

I have looked at the calculation procedures as set for each Company Code, but it does not tell me anything about

the transaction date and what is selected.

Is there a table I can look up to see the various scenarios that we use for determining the transaction date for

both Input / Output  taxes and if and when standard date setting are overridden by specific custom dates ?

Appreciate any guidance given.

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

John,

I am sorry that I cannot help, but I have just run across an issue at a client I am working at where they are using the "Billing Date" as the tax date in Vertex, which is not what I expected.  I have always been aware that "Service Rendered Date" is the date that should be used. 

I wanted to check with you and see if you have received any information or found an answer to the question you posed, as that will be helpful to myself and others if you can post your results.

In the meantime, if I find anything, I will reply to this thread the details.

Thanks