cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to add more action defination in a action profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I add more action defination in a action profile ?

I also want to have push buttons for every action defination to be shown in webui

Scenario is complaint in house processing

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Select an action profile and double click on the 'action definition' button on the left hand side of tree structure.  You will find 'new entries' button on the top of the header as shown below.

Rgds

Hari

spencer_liang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

As you would like push buttons for every action definition shown in webui, I bet you want button to execute action on webui manually.

You will need to open your action profile -> open each action details. You will find block Action Settings. Here there are several checkboxes.

Solution 1: you may check both schedule actomatically and executable in dialog at the same time. In this case, when the schedule condtion of the action is met and start condition is not met yet in the complaint, you will be able to find this action in the action assignment block with a execute button. Your end user may click on execute to manually execute it.

Solution 2: in the same customizing place, you can find checkbox Display in Toolbox as well. With correct customizing, it should be displayed in the toolbar so that you can execute it.

Personally, I prefer solution 1.

Spencer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah Solution seems good but I dont really want my users to go, open actions AB and click execute, its like added step on them, better I would like to be done from toolbar,

I will try sol 2 and see how it works if not, Sol1 is always there. thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks but can we do this for standard ? I mean does SAP allow addition of action defination in standard action profiles ? or I will have to create new only ?

Please advise, thanks

spencer_liang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I mean does SAP allow addition of action defination in standard action profiles ?

Technically, you can modify standard action profile if the client copy is not prohibitted and user has authorization to do so. You are able to add new action def to action profile or changing customizing of existing action definition in the action profile.

Thanks but can we do this for standard ?

this is mainly about customizing. If you need addition action and func of action, you will have to customize it yourself.

I will have to create new only ?

I would strongly suggest you NOT changing standard action profile and action definition. You can copy the standard action profile and create your z action profile and action definition.

In sum, if you cannot find standard action profile that fits your requirement, you will have to customize your own action profile and action definition. It is not difficult.

Spencer