cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP-VE-Generator: CAD Assembly Upload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi team,

I have a question for converting a file with the generator (version 8.0).

I created a "CAD Assembly Upload" workflow and a HotFolder with this workflow.

Now I pasted some files into this folder (a *.asm file, build by Solid Edge, and a *.cfg file). My aim is to create a *.rh file to reference a workinstruction in ME.

I tried a lot of other settings and a lot of different file formats, but I get allways one of these two errors:

First error:

Report for job 203 (workflow 'example_SAPVE_CadAssemblyUpload')

--------------------------------------------------------------

Startup arguments

InputFilePath='\\sapmssql07\VEGShare\Workspace\HotFolder\JobControllerFileHandler\sapmssql07\04-06-2015\10-40-10-088\asmTest.asm' (String)

TargetServerPath='' (String)

Step 'Unpack assembly archive'

Failed Action 'Terminated:Unpacking assembly archive 'asmTest.asm''

Error Message 'Failed to unpack assembly archive: Asset archive extraction failed (  ZipEntry::ReadHeader(): Bad signature (0xE011CFD0) at position  0x00000000).'

jmp_archiveunpack (Task 181)

Second Error:

Report for job 197 (workflow 'example_SAPVE_CadAssemblyUpload')

---------------------------------------------------------------

Startup arguments

InputFilePath='\\sapmssql07\VEGShare\Workspace\HotFolder\JobControllerFileHandler\sapmssql07\04-06-2015\10-13-30-313\asmTest.zip' (String)

TargetServerPath='' (String)

Step 'Unpack assembly archive'

Failed Action 'Terminated:Unpacking assembly archive 'asmTest.zip''

Error Message 'Failed to unpack assembly archive: Asset archive extraction failed (Cannot find manifest file).'

jmp_archiveunpack (Task 175)

Anybody knows an answer for this problem? Maybe I forgot something or made a flase configuration? To create the workflow and the hotfolder I used the help of the generator.

Kind regards

Steve

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

If you take a look at the CAD Assembly Upload workflow (intended for use with VE Access) you will see that the first process is “Archive Unpack”. If you look at this process (jmp_archiveunpack) the first operation is fo_archiveextract. The process is expecting an archive and when there isn’t one you get your first error – “Failed to unpack archive”.

When you do submit an archive, it is unpacked and the process then looks for a manifest within the archive. If no manifest is found you get your second error – “Cannot find manifest file”.

If you wish to use the CAD Assembly Upload workflow then I suggest that you do so from VE Access as designed. There are other SAP provided workflows that may suit your purpose. If you prefer the hotfolder approach I suggest that you use the “Universal process” workflow and develop your own process to handle your input files.

There is extensive documentation on this page under “Related Resources -> Visual Enterprise wiki” where you can find help beyond that in the application Help file.

Regards

VE Support Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer! It was helpful to find a solution!

My solution is, that I wrote my own manifest. For this I used the example which is given in the manual. (category: CAD Assembly Upload Sample Input File)

All steps are marked green, so that's good, but I do not find the result in the filesystem. The <TargetServerPath> was set to "Default\Assembly" - like the manual says.

Where can I find the converting results?

Second: How can I check out the result of the workflow? I want to change some details, but the generator says, that I have to check out and I didn't find some information in the manual about this.

Hope you can help me again!

Regards

Steve Irmisch

0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

As I said previously, the CAD Assembly Upload workflow is intended for use
with VE Access. In VE Access you will find your output in the “Default” Project
in the “Assembly” folder. You could also access it directly in the database. If
you wish to change that you would need to edit the Store Assets process (jmp_assembly_store).

I am not sure I follow your second question. There is no result from a
workflow. If you wish to change anything you can edit it by double clicking on
it or select “Edit” from the top toolbar. Can you post a screenshot of the
error you get?

Regards

VE Support Team