cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to execute inventory

Former Member
0 Kudos

After uploading masterdata and key figures in IBP, I was unable to execute inventory optimization.

Encountering following error:

Error in BatchMode: Error Number: 287 Error Message: cannot insert NULL or update to NULL: PLOBJID

Error in SingleStage: Error Number: 260 Error Message: invalid column name: CUSTGROUP: line 1 col 89 (at pos 88)

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am afraid I don't have any further suggestions.I would suggest that you reach out to SAP Support team. It does appear a bit weird that the system expects IOFORECAST but this Key Figure is not included in the standard SAP3 planning area.

Also, you may try upgrading your current system to Patch 4.

Thanks,

Srikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Srikant,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikant,

My system has been upgraded to patch 4 but there has been no change in PA SAP 3 and no new KFs or Planning levels has been attached.

Still getting the following errors:

1) Error in BatchMode: Error Number: 260 Error Message: invalid column name: PROPAGATEDDEMAND

2) Error in SingleStage: Error Number: 260 Error Message: invalid column name: INTERNALLOCTOPRDAIF: line 1 col 423 (at pos 422)

Please help.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indaarjit,

I just wanted to check that you are accessing the correct SAP3 planning area. Please see the attached screenshot and confirm that this is how you are accessing the SAP3 planning area?

Also, in my instance I can see PROPAGATEDDEMAND key figure as part of SAP3 planning area. So, if you are accessing SAP3 planning area correctly and still not able to see the key figure, I suggest you raise an OSS message with SAP support team.

Thanks,

Srikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Srikant,

This really helped. With few more configurationes done, Single-stage IO worked well,

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indaarjit/Srikant,

What did you'll populate in the following attributes while loading MDT:

1. SOURCELOCATION -> TDELIVERYTYPE

2. SOURCEPRODUCTION -> PDELIVERYTYPE

3. LOCATIONPRODUCT -> SERVICELEVELTYPE and STOCKINGNODETYPE

Thanks.

Regards,

Aditya G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Below values can be uploaded-

1) TDELIVERYTYPE -> C - Orders Crossover Effect; S - Sequential Orders (default)

2) PDELIVERYTYPE -> C - Orders Crossover Effect; S - Sequential Orders (default)

3) SERVICELEVELTYPE  -> A- Available in Full  (Non-stockout probability); F - Fill Rate (default)

4) STOCKINGNODETYPE -> S - Stocking Node (default); N - Non-stocking node

Thanks,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can u explain the meaning of C - Orders Crossover Effect; S - Sequential Orders (default) or mention the link where i can find the definition of these key figure values

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indaarjit,

Are you in IBP 4 FP1 Patch 3/4? Certain attributes needs to be marked as Key Figure before you can run the algorithm. Have you done that? I can provide additional details if you can confirm the patch no.

Thanks,

Srikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikant,

Using IBP 4 FP1 Patch 3.

Thanks,

Indaarjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please try the below steps:

The following attributes needs to be marked as KF (Web UI Ribbon -> Configuration -> Planning Area & Details-> Select your IO planning Area -> Available attributes -> Search for the below attributes -> check the box for Key Figure

MDT - LOCATIONPRODUCT

1 – PBR - Set the Planning Level to PERPRODLOC

MDT – SOURCECUSTOMER

1 – TARGETSERVICELEVEL - Set the Planning Level to PERPRODLOCCUST

MDT – SOURCELOCATION

1 – TINCLOTSIZE – Set planning level to PERPRODLOCFR

2 – TLEADTIME - Set planning level to PERPRODLOCFR

3 – TLEADTIMVARIABILITY - Set planning level to PERPRODLOCFR

4 – TMINLOTSIZE - Set planning level to PERPRODLOCFR

5 – TRATIO - Set planning level to PERPRODLOCFR

MDT – SOURCEPRODUCTION

1 –PINCLOTSIZE - Set planning level to PERPRODLOCSRC

2 – PMINLOTSIZE - Set planning level to PERPRODLOCSRC

3 – PLEADTIME - Set planning level to PERPRODLOCSRC

4 – PLEADTIMEVARIABILITY - Set planning level to PERPRODLOCSRC

5 – PRATIO - Set planning level to PERPRODLOCSRC

6 – OUTPUTCOEFFICIENT - Set planning level to PERPRODLOCSRC

Configure the calculation definition and setting for the above KF as below (You may modify based on business logic):

Calculation definition – Set to Max with the selected the key figure as the only input and stored value. (D

Aggregation Mode – Max

Edits - All editable

I/O for supply planning - Input for Supply Planning enabled.

Re-Activate planning area along with Master data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have followed the guidance and transformed the necessary MDT attributes into Key Figures as mentioned.

But now, on executing inventory optimization procedure we have ended up with a new error, as mentioned below:

1) Error in Single Stage: Error Number: 260 Error Message: invalid column name: IOFORECAST: line 1 col 188 (at pos 187)

2) Error in Batch Mode: Error Number: 287 Error Message: cannot insert NULL or update to NULL: PLOBJID

Please help,

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indaarjit,

Not sure what could be the problem here. IOFORECAST is a Key Figure in the standard SAP3 planning area (for Patch 4).Can you check if you have this key figure in your planning area. If not please add one based on the screenshot below

Also, are you still on Patch 3?

Thanks,

Srikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No I don't have the said KF. Could you please share the details of the Planning level - PerProdLocCustGroup? I don't have that either.

Yes, I am still using patch 3

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can share the information but I don't think that would be the best way to take this forward. There might be other KFs which would need to be created.

Can you instead try this?

Check the SAP3 standard planning area in Patch3 and validate if the IOFORECAST is available there? If yes, please copy that version of SAP3 and use that for your Inventory Optimization scenario.

I suspect that the planning area that you are currently using was copied when you were in Patch2.

Thanks,

Srikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked that, but I didn't find any such KFs in SAP3.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikant,

IBP Version: 4.0.1.4

I am unable to find PL PERPRODLOCCUST in copy of SAP3 planning area. I can find PL PERPRODLOCCUSTGROUP with CUSTGROUP as key. I have created PL PERPRODLOCCUST with CUSTID as key and modified the following:

Created:

1. MDT SOURCECUSTOMER for marking TARGETSERVICELEVEL as attribute as a key figure

2. Changed base PL of 6 key figures on PL PERPRODLOCCUSTGROUP to PL PERPRODLOCCUST

Is this what you did?

Also when you mentioned

MDT – SOURCELOCATION

1 – TINCLOTSIZE – Set planning level to PERPRODLOCFR

did you mean PERPRODLOCLOCFR instead of PERPRODLOCFR?

Regards,

Aditya G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

You need not create PERPRODLOCCUST planning area. This planning area is no longer required. This was part of FP1 Patch 2 but since Patch 3 SAP made some changes to the structure and now you have PERPRODLOCCUSTGROUP.

I would suggest just copy SAP3 planning area, mark certain KFs as an attribute (you would find details in my previous post) and load data to get started.

TINCLOTSIZE - Yes, you are right. It's at PERPRODLOCLOCFR.

Thanks,

Srikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikant,

I did make a copy of SAP3 and also changed PERPRODLOCCUSTGROUP to PERPRODLOCCUST. Planning area is now active. Now that I have already made the change let me test if it works and I can always revert the changes in future.

Thanks for your guidance.

Do you have a key figure definition guide from SAP which tells you the PL and calculation logic of each key figure?

Regards,

Aditya G

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Aditya. I don't have KF definition guide from SAP. And let me know if your existing model works. I would be interested to know.

Thanks,

Srikant