cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Enterprise App Rollout using Afaria7 SP5 on premise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

We recently updated our Afaria7 SP5 from Hotfix 6 to Hotfix 11. We also renewed the APNS Certificate in this time. Beside this, we didn't have any important changes made on our Afaria Test System.

We have a Group with an iOS Enterprise App Policy linked to it. But the App is not being installed on the Device.

This is what we see in the Server log:

That is how our App-Policy Looks like:

We have tried both, with and without checking 'Enable Signing Certificate'.

What do these Log-Messages say? What could be the reason for the App not being installed?

Cheers,

Tobias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tobias,

Thank you for reaching out to SAP Community Network.

This is to let you know that an iOS Enterprise App can only be applied to an iOS device with an Afaria Custom Client installed on it.

Hence, please

• Create an Afaria Customer Client
  • Install this custom client on the iOS device
  • Apply the iOS Enterprise Application Policy

Hope this helps you to clear the queries.

Kind Regards,
Sushmitha
SAP Active Global Support

former_member228655
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

No you do NOT have to use a custom Afaria client to install an Ent. application. The reason I asked in my previous note as I would like you to push this application as an optional app. For optional Ent. applications, you will have to have a custom Afaria client so that you can install it from custom Afaria client's ent. app store.

Since you do not have custom Afaria client, no need to test with optional option. Let me review your provided information and get back to you.

Thanks,

Sejal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

Thanks for the information.

So I will be looking forward to your review and let you know if I found something new while going on with testing.

Cheers,

Tobias

former_member228655
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

It seems you are not even getting a prompt to install this application. In order to determine if this issue is with package server or only with this one application, can you please tell me if other apps are getting installed on this device?

Do you software inventory data for this device? If yes can you please remove an Inventory data and Package tracking data for this device ( Select device -> Delete -> Check Inventory data and Package tracking data -> Ok), wait for couple minutes and then apply policy. Wait for a few minutes and then check if inventory data appears. Once you see inventory data, apply policy again to see if you get a prompt to install this app.

Also can you please check if the application can be installed on the same iPad air 8.3 devices from the production env.?

Thanks,
Sejal 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sejal

Yes, other Apps from the App Store are being installed normally on the device. Also the Enterprise App we are talking about that is not being installed, has previously successfuly been installed.

Yes, we Software inventory data and I always delet all Device data before testing as I am Aware that this might lead to Problems.

The devices used are the same for the production env. and the testing env.

Cheers,

Tobias

former_member228655
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Can you please send me your ent. application so that I can test it in my SP7 HF11 server. You can add me in your contacts by following me and from there you can send me a message.

Thanks,
Sejal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sejal

Thanks for your help. A colleague opened a Issue Ticket now via Knowledge Base / Support Plattform. We are in touch there with Chris Redel. He received our ipa and will be Testing it. Shall we wait for his Feedback or send the ipa to you too and you can check it the both of you?

Kind Regards,

Tobias

former_member228655
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

I do not see the ipa attached to the incident. Can you please have your colleague to attach the ipa to the incident so that Chris or I can test it?

Thanks,
Sejal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sejal

My colleague could not send the ipa yesterday, sorry for that. We will get to you with the ipa today.

Thanks,

Tobias

former_member228655
Participant
0 Kudos

No problem Tobias, we will review it once we received it.

Thanks,
Sejal

chris_redel
Explorer
0 Kudos

This issue is solved. We reapplied HF11 again for all Afaria components. Now everything is working as expected. I've checked before the registry. All Afaria components where listed with SP5HF11 patched.

cheers - Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can confirm Chris's message. Thanks for the help for solving the issue!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member228655
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

First can you please check that this application hasn't been installed on the device? It seems an iOS app with the same bundle id is already installed on the device. If you uncheck the MDM protocol and required options, are you able to install it from custom Afaria client?

Thanks,
Sejal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sejal

I have tested this issue several times with two iPad Air 2 devices running iOS 8.3. For eacht test run i have completely reset the devices and removed them from the Afaria devices list before doing an enrollment, to be sure that there are no residues from previous enrollments.

We have the same App-Policy on a productive Afaria Server Running Afaria7 SP5 with Hotfix 6 (not 11 yet) where the app delivery is working. And we haven't got a custom signed Afaria Client yet. Is this a new requirement (or a requirement that hasn't been checked correctly before Hotfix 7+)?

I have now tried creating a new Group with only the one app policy and an own enrollment policy. If I enroll the devices with this Enrollment policy, the Devices get the App without error...

Is it possible that another policy could influence if the app is being installed on the device or not (there is no app policy containing the same bundle id)?

Cheers,

Tobias