Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some BADI registrations have the same name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Please any one help to fix the issue in BADI modification.

I've modified ZMIGO BADI then saved TR also created but after that when I try to run MIGO, is throwing error '

Some BADI registrations have the same name'

Error Description:

Some BADI registrations have the same name

Message no. MIGO048

Diagnosis

Every implementation of BAdI ZMIGO must be registered in method INIT with a unique name.

This rule has been broken, as several implementations have identical names.

Procedure

Choose a unique name for each implementation.

14 REPLIES 14

Former Member
0 Kudos

The message seems self explained.

Can you verify if every single implementation on the badi has a unique name? You should open the badi and use the menu:

implementation->overview.

check if there are duplicate names for any implementations and if yes, correct the same.

Thanks,

Vikram.M

0 Kudos

Can you please elaborate your explaination, as I'm a beginner I didnt understood clearly.

Thanks,

Neelambika B.

0 Kudos

1. Open the actual badi via SE18.

2. Use the menu option implementation->overview.

3. You will get a new pop up screen with the list of all the implementations

4. Check if there are implementations with duplicate names. If yes, fix the same and I think that should resolve your issue.

Thanks,

Vikram.M

0 Kudos

Dear Vikram,

Thanks for your suggestion, I followed your instructions but I didn't find any duplicate names, is there any other cause for this error?.

let me elaborate my query,

*On MIGO BADI already there was an implementation for adding new tab.

*I've modified that implementation part of the BADI.

*Saved it, TR generated, Activated without any issue.

*But when I try to run MIGO t-Code the error is coming as i mentioned earlier.

Thanks,

Neelambika B.

0 Kudos

What is the name of the badi?

0 Kudos

MB_MIGO_BADI

0 Kudos

Diagnosis

Every implementation of BAdI ZMIGO must be registered in method INIT with a unique name.

This rule has been broken, as several implementations have identical names.

Add a breakpoint to the method INIT and check the contents of the table  ct_init after the append statement is executed and see if there are any duplicate entries.

Thanks,

Vikram.M

0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Yes there one object is repeating.

Internal table - ct_init 's content before throwing error is as follows.

MIGO_BADI_IMPLEMENTATION_CIN

MIGO_OWN

MIGO_OWN   

0 Kudos

That's your issue. Raymond's hint below should be helpful to resolver the issue.

Thanks,

Vikram.M

0 Kudos

Hi Raymond/Vikram,

I have not copied another implementation, where as I've modified the existing implementation and saved.

and when in debugger if I delete one entry[class id] of ct_init i.e MIGO_OWN, then it is working fine.

But I'm not understanding how to permanently rename or delete one class id[MIGO_OWN] among duplicates.

Thanks,

Neelambika B.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you copy another implementation in your ones, if yes navigate to method IF_EX_MB_MIGO_BADI~INIT of your implementation and analyze how you added a record to change parameter (itab) CT_INIT.

Hint: if you copied from another standard implementation, the value added to CT_ITIT is often a constant attribute of the implementing class, co change it to one Z-value

Regards,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond/Vikram,

I have not copied another implementation, where as I've modified the existing implementation and saved.

and when in debugger if I delete one entry[class id] of ct_init i.e MIGO_OWN, then it is working fine.

But I'm not understanding how to permanently rename or delete one class id[MIGO_OWN] among duplicates.

Thanks,

Neelambika B.

0 Kudos

Neelambika,

Did you checked if the version in D is in synch along with Q and P before proceeding with your changes.May be that will throw some light on this.

K.Kiran.

0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I think not synchronized, as it is working fine in Quality & production system.

Thanks,

Neelambika B.