Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File(Flat file) to Proxy Sync Scenario

manikandan_shanmugam3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Scenario: Flat file to Proxy Sync Scenario

PI has to pickup flat file (Tab Separator) from FTP server,perform FCC and trigger sync proxy message to ECC system, then convert ECC proxy response as a flat file (tab separator) and send it to FTP server.(Mapping is not required)

Please advice better approach to achieve the scenario.

Regards,

Mani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manikandan,

Can you please let us know the PI version you are using?

Normally we go BPM for this type of async-sync bridges.

But since SAP has provided some standard modules, we can achieve this without BPM.

Please check the below document on this:

Regards

Vishnu

manikandan_shanmugam3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

Since i am not using mapping, can i use dummy interface for sender side and create only inbound service interface for proxy.

Regards,

Mani

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manikandan,

I am thinking, just create the same structure of target in the source side also(since there is no mapping involved) instead of some dummy structure...

Regards

Vishnu

0 Kudos

Hi Manikandan,

You can use the file adapter in a synchornus way using the module bean,

Standard RequestResponseBean and ResponseOnewayBean for this purpose, to achieve the sync response message from Proxy and writing it to the FTP using another receiver file adapter.

Can you have a look into the below thread.

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/Sync-Async+without+ccBPM

Regards,

Satish

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Their are couple of option to design this scenario

option 1 - Sync-async bridge, using the BPM process integration sync and async interfaces.

async sender File  --->> Sync receiver Proxy  -->> Sync response Proxy t ---> Async file receiver

Option 2 - two different interfaces.

a) First interface pick the file and trigger the receiver async proxy. at the end of proxy process the proxy invoke the sender proxy class.

b) Sender proxy trigger the one more interface which place the response to FTP sender.

I would prefer the second option because it does not involve BPM (which is not necessary) and it does not req. sync connection. Better for the performance.

Hope it help!!

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We dont normally try and do a sync interface when using file. Because how does the a File handle a response?

Ok but what you can do is split it into 2 Async Interfaces. Where the proxy triggers another proxy.

So great 2 Proxy interfaces. Where one is inbound and one outbound.

Regards,

Jannus Botha