cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

enquire SLD http port configure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I just try to install solution manager and find there are SLD HTTP Port need to input when it goes to connect central SLD part. But I try to input: 50000, it's not allow to process next. Could you advice if I need create a connection call SAPSLDAPI in SM59?

Rdgs,
Emily

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Emily,

You have lots of good advice on SLD.

For now, use a local SLD and as Matt said, even I have used a dedicated AS JAVA for central SLD running on latest release.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

Thanks for your advice and I'm installing the local SLD. But I find there is error. Just click "Retry", but still prompt the following error. Could you advice if I click stop that can be continuous the installation and fix after?

Rdgs,

Emily

Former Member
0 Kudos

Emily,

You can quit from sapinst and get back later to continue. When next time startup sapinst, choose the same node in the first function tree menu, and sapinst will ask your to continue an old one or start a new one, REMEMBER to choose continue an old one.

But I think your error is about Oracle listener, something just go wrong during listener startup/off. What you need to do is follow the message on your post, find the lsnrctl.log and check what's wrong with it. Solve this lsnrctl issue first, then restart sapinst.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wei Shang,

Thanks for your advice. Do you mean I click "Stop" to terminate this moment? After I check oracle listener problem and then restart sapinst again.

Rdgs,
Emily

Former Member
0 Kudos

Emily,

Yes, what I said is  how to quit sapinst and continue last progress when you get back.

But "why" ?  If you want to restart server, or want to "restart" sapinst to get rid of the problem.

I think you can just leave the message dialog there and start to work on listener issue. Once you fix it, get back to the dialog and retry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wei Shang,

I have stop and choose "ok" to continuous later. Sapinst  is quit. Do you have any idea to check the listener issue?

Rdgs,
Emily

Former Member
0 Kudos

Emily,

Find the lsnrctl.log file first (I don't know where it is, but the error message tell you to check it).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Emily ,

Read this thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/3467011

Someone has similar issue. Make sure your ORACLE_HOME is correct.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Emily,

Rishav's advice is good. It's fairly common to use the "local" SLD in Solution Manager, and this is fine, though personally I recommend installing a dedicated "central" SLD instead. All you really need for this is a basic AS Java (you can use the latest 7.4 release) and then configuration afterwards, as described in the blog that Rishav linked.

I also wrote a while back about the process of migrating an SLD from a SolMan-local one to a dedicated central one, with links to the official documentation for the installation, and that is probably easy enough for you to adapt if you want to use it as a general overview/guide for setting up a new, dedicated SLD: . If you need guidance on configuring a new AS Java 7.4 on which to setup your SLD: . The only difference here is that you would choose "Configure Local SLD" during setup of the AS Java, as it is going to become your central SLD. Then, when configuring your Solution Manager, you will set it to not use a local SLD, but instead the existing, central SLD that you just installed. In this case, your port will indeed be 50000 (for http) or 50001 (for https, which I recommend).

Cheers,

Matt

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Emily

Setting up the central SLD should be done carefully while designing your sap landscape, it depends upon the size of your landscape, usage of PI systems etc. while implementing that. You can either setup central SLD if your landscape is huge, you can use the sld for PI or you can have solution manager sld as central SLD if you are not using PI systems at all.

As already written by Jaskirat, SLD should have been setup in system preparation step only. However connecting your solution manager sld to the central SLD will  be done in RZ70 and for java in JCO destinations and maintain the SLD data supplier as your central SLD.

Now if you want to setup the central SLD other than solman you can check the below link.

Thanks

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emily,

Please check you central SLD is up and running.  Also please verify the port , hostname and other details are correct.

During installation you can skip this step and you can connect Solman with Central SLD once installation get completes using Tcode RZ70 (ABAP stack) and Visual Admin (for java stack data).

Thank you.

Regards,

Jaskirat Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaskirat,

I think my SLD didn't setup, could you tell me if the SLD is setup in PRD or solution manager? And also please indicate how to setup. e.g.: is that setup through RZ70? thanks!

Rdgs,
Emily

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emily,

Please find below:

"could you tell me if the SLD is setup in PRD or solution manager? "       It is recommended to use Solman Local SLD in Solution manager for data flow to LMDB ; which will be done later after the installation.

As you said "I think my SLD didn't setup,"  So you can skip this step in solman installation.

This step is required only if your SLD is already setup and working in other Java Engine ( like Netweaver portal or PI) and you want to register your newly installed system (here Solman system) with existing SLD.

"And also please indicate how to setup. e.g.: is that setup through RZ70?"        SLD setup is part of Solution manager setup and can be done later after the installation.   Tcode Solman_Setup -> System Preparation -> Step 6 (depends on the support pack level)

Regrads,

Jaskirat Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaskirat,

If set local SLD will take few hours for installation? And also where can I find the object server name?

Rdgs,
Emily

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emily,

Generally we skip this step, because it is part of Solman Post Installation activities and can be done later.

If you continue with  "Configure a Local SLD" it may take 30 min to 2 hrs for the SLD setup.

As per below recommendation in Snote 935245: You can use Server hostname as Object Server Name.

All SLDs and LMDBs in your system landscape should have a unique object server name. If the object server names are the same, content cannot be synchronized or transported because the content is considered to be the same.

The characters ":" (colon) and "/" (forward slash) are not permitted in object server names. The ideal value for an object server name is an SAP-reserved prefix without the forward slashes (see http://service.sap.com/namespaces). Such a prefix is a internationally unique and guarantees the worl-wide uniqueness when reserving names for development objects. If no such prefix is available and the SLD does not act as the NWDI name server, you can use a host name as a simple alternative. In the case of the LMDB, the host name is always a valid alternative to a reserved prefix. However, avoid using "localhost" as your object server name; this value causes naming conflicts.

"

Regards,

Jaskirat Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emily,

Have you proceeded with SLD setup step or are you still facing any issue.

Thanks

Regards,

Jaskirat Singh

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SLD port number will be 5<J2EE instance no>00.

Moreover, if you are using any dual stack as your centeral SLD then you run SXMB_IFR transaction or when you run the SLDCHECK transaction.. U can find port no.

Thanks

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishav,

Thanks for advice. I have run SLDCHECK in PRD as above picture, but can't find port no. And also I can't run SXMB_IFR. The J2EE instance no is 00. So I put port number 50000, but still can't pass this step. Any other suggestion?

Rdgs,

Emily