Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

How can I post scrap to the vendor cost center or QM order when IQC UD

The raw material from overseas  vendor ,with one or two of ten scrap and the scrap   will  settle on vendor cost center or QM order,

I would  like to post the scrap inventory to the vendor cost center or QM order when IQC UD.Please don't tell me the standard way is to return or block the material and return to the vendor, it will keep the purchase order open can't be closed.

Thank you!

Former Member
replied

You can not do 553 using MB1A if the inspection lot is active. It has to be performed through inspection lot only. So far what I have understood is,

1. You are importing the material from vendors outside your country
  2. When such materials are found not ok, you do not return them back to vendor
  3. So you scrap the materials are your end but at the same time wants your vendor should be accountable for this
  4. And that is why you need a separate provision (either cost centre of QM order something) so that you you can distinguish between your internal cost and vendor rejection cost. That sounds logical!

My comments,

1. You should design a separate cost centre with the help of your FI counterpart.
  2. Assign the same cost centre in QA32 against scrap field.
  3. You can make this field mandatory also by designing screen variant.

So whenever you scrap something against 01 inspection lot, specify this cost centre always so that the cost would go on accumulating on this cost centre. Later as per your policy you can knock off it against the vendor if you are passing some debit notes. But that is more towards to FI side.

Anand

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question