cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I post scrap to the vendor cost center or QM order when IQC UD

former_member216529
Participant
0 Kudos

The raw material from overseas  vendor ,with one or two of ten scrap and the scrap   will  settle on vendor cost center or QM order,

I would  like to post the scrap inventory to the vendor cost center or QM order when IQC UD.Please don't tell me the standard way is to return or block the material and return to the vendor, it will keep the purchase order open can't be closed.

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you click on the docuemtn overview button to the right for the qty field for scrap, don't you get a chance to specify the cost center?

Craig

former_member216529
Participant
0 Kudos

No.

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zhao,

If you have tried Craig feedback, please can you attach the screenshot form "Document" overview button adjacent to the stock quantity entry field, marked as "settled on cost center".

Also please let us know if there was any error message while you tried manually posting some small quantity form Quality stock to scrap using MB1A/MvT 553. This point will help in eliminating some doubts on compatibility of cost center you are using or material type you are using, etc.

Please go through the thread for a bit more details: http://scn.sap.com/thread/1759626ing

Thanks to all original contributors for the above thread!!

Thanks,

Arijit

former_member216529
Participant
0 Kudos
busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zhao,

What you are trying to achieve here, I think is linked to the same plant who owns the material and wish to scrap/discard it after UD. If you are expecting vendor's cost center to be selected here, I think that's not possible form this point.

BTW, have you tried manually posting some small quantity form Quality stock to scrap using MB1A/MvT 553 with vendor's cost center? Please feedback.

Thanks,

Arijit

former_member216529
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok , I will try .

Now ,the standard rule in SAP is :when the 01 inspection type material in IQC GR  trigged inspection lot ,the raw material is in our company ,scrap cost is in our account(because we set to scrap cost center before), we are expecting the raw material scrap is in vendor's cost center and after UD the material value is in our account.

thank you!

Best regards,

Miriam Zhao

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zhao,

So you should now understand that if you scrap it (though your material is incoming Vendor's material), then your plant Cost Center will be impacted and not Vendor's Cost Center.

You can create some enhancement (not sure what exactly) with help form FI team, that whenever this type of Scrap posting happens in QM, which impacts your plant's cost center, then immediately a notification can be triggered which is linked to a Service PO/invoice and assigned to Vendor...

Else, I believe you may need to stick to the process of return material back to your vendor following standard SAP process.

This is just my thoughts!! You can expect some better answers form this forum.

Thanks,

Arijit

former_member216529
Participant
0 Kudos

I tried ,I forget that after the inspection type assigned to material ,it will never use MB1A  MB1B MB1c these normal move stock method .

Here shows the error

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can not do 553 using MB1A if the inspection lot is active. It has to be performed through inspection lot only. So far what I have understood is,

1. You are importing the material from vendors outside your country
  2. When such materials are found not ok, you do not return them back to vendor
  3. So you scrap the materials are your end but at the same time wants your vendor should be accountable for this
  4. And that is why you need a separate provision (either cost centre of QM order something) so that you you can distinguish between your internal cost and vendor rejection cost. That sounds logical!

My comments,

1. You should design a separate cost centre with the help of your FI counterpart.
  2. Assign the same cost centre in QA32 against scrap field.
  3. You can make this field mandatory also by designing screen variant.

So whenever you scrap something against 01 inspection lot, specify this cost centre always so that the cost would go on accumulating on this cost centre. Later as per your policy you can knock off it against the vendor if you are passing some debit notes. But that is more towards to FI side.

Anand

former_member216529
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,Anand,

your understand is right, your description full of logical ,thank you!

BR

Miriam Zhao

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member201849
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zhao

Please check

the follow step to maintain cost center for scrap.

IMG-->QM-->Maintain settings plant level-->select plant--> inspection completion--> Maintain cost centers.

Please check this and revert back

Regards

Suresh.M

former_member216529
Participant
0 Kudos

No ,it is a cost center for scrap for company ourselves. I mean to post a cost center for vendor ,the cost is out of our company ,it is a vendor cost .

Thank you!