cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REG : Create/Change Workflow not triggering for contracts created through RFx and Auction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Seems like series of issues.

Requirement:

Business requirement is whenever a Central contract is Created or Changed, it should require an approval from the respected CRE’s (Contract Responsible Employee’s CRE is added as Partner function in Contract Header) manager. CRE’s Manager is maintained in a Custom table. Central Contracts can either be created directly via Create Contract Button or Create Contract Link, through RFx or through Auction award. In case of Contracts created from RFx award or Auction award, Central Contract document gets created first with ‘Saved’ status which is edited (Distribution details added) and released.

For the Central Contracts through all the above creation steps, the Creation Workflow (when Contract created is released) or the Change workflow (when Contract is edited and released) should trigger.

Steps Performed:

Created Process controlled Workflow for Contract (BUS2000113)

Created a custom evaluation Id, with the schema, where in two process levels for Contract Creation and Contract Change are created.
These Process levels are mapped to the Events created for Create and Change the Contract Respectively, which in turn involves FM expression to evaluate the Process levels.

Currently working:

Workflow for the Central Contracts created directly via Create Central Contract Button or Create Central Contract link (in POWL under Strategic Purchasing->Contract Management Menu) is getting triggered and approvers are determined successfully. When these Central Contracts are edited manually, Change Workflow also gets triggered as expected.

Issues faced:

For the Central contracts created Via RFx and Auction Awards, Neither the Contract Creation nor Contract Change workflow is not getting triggered.

Expected Result:

Contract Creation / Contract Change workflow should trigger for the contract created via RFx and Auction Award, as it is getting triggered for Creation of Contract Manually by via Create Contract Button or Create Contract Link.

Implementation Scenario:

Extended Classic

SRM Version:

7.0 EHP 3 SP06.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing the issue when I created contract thorough my zprogram. The contract is created and work flow is triggered (Based on my Evaluation I'd,process schema).

But when I am changing the existing contract new line item changes are updated in contract. It went to awaiting approval. But the work flow is not triggered and apporver I'd is not picked.

Where I need to do change to trigger work flow contract change is it in my zprogram level I need to do any code changes or SPRO level any evealution I'd or process schema level I need to do changes.

Please suggest on this.

Regards,

S.Prabhakar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1932156 - Backend contract creation from accepted auction response leads to dump at ERP 1832534 - CCTR: Central contract cannot be created from RFx response

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP,

I dont think so these notes are relevant to me.
As I am able to create contract normally and workflow is getting triggered.

The problem is with the contracts created via RFx and Auctions.

Regards,

AkkI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note 1837059 - BUS2000113: Method 'GETVERSIONTYPENAME ' is implemented

Note 1971124 - Workflow does not restart after mass change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP SAP,

I dont think these notes are working form me.

When the contracts are created from RFx or from Auction or Manually ( using Create Contract Button in POWL under Strategic Purchasing->Contract Management Menu ), the custom Create Workflow is expected to be triggered.

As of now, the create workflow is getting triggered only for Contracts created manually and not for the ones created Via RFx or Via Auction when they are published manually, which is the main issue.

Is it a standard behavior or I am missing anything ??

Regards,

Aakash Awasthi