cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned Order lying outside Planning time fence though Pld ord date and end of PTF is same in MD04

rvelmurugan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Gurus,

I found one planned order whose req date is 29.06.2015 (generated by MRP for a Customer Order) lying outside PTF, when 29.06.2015 also marks end of Planning time fence. The MRP type for the Material used is equivalent to P4 firming type.

Why this Planned order is lying outside PFT period and not moved inside PTF date of 29.06.2015.

I have attached Screen shot of MD04 for your valuable inputs.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

R.Velmurugan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Velmurgan,

With P4 MRP type system won't consider the requirements which falls within your planning time fence it considers only those requirements which falls out side PTF.

Check below documents to understand the difference between P1,P2,P3 and P4

BR
KK

rvelmurugan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Kiran,

Thanks for your immediate response. I got your input for P4 MRP type.

But here my issue is, there is a Customer Order and corresponding Planned order on 29.06.2015 in MD04.

The End of PTF also falls on 29.06.2015.

The customer order was created on 02.03.2015 with requirement date as 29.06.2015 and accordingly MRP created a Planned order for 29.06.2015 (lead time of Material is 21 Days only).

The End of PTF got changed to 29.06.2015 on 01.06.2015 (after MRP ran on 01.06.2015).

So my doubt is why this Planned order is not within PTF period and got firmed and why it is outside PTF?

Please refer the Screenshot for reference.

Advance thanks for your valuable inputs.

Best Regards,

R.Velmurugan

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Velmurugan,

What is your planning time fence period?

and did you read the document which I had shared above it clearly says in P4 case no requirements are considered within PTF.

By seeing your screen shot there are no receipt elements MRP had created for requirements which are in PTF as per P4.

With type P4, no new planned orders are created to cover the requirements which falls within the PTF, system considers the requirements which falls outside the PTF.

BR
KK