Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User for JCO RFC provider

former_member84399
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have implemented EP 6.0 SP18 with UME from an ABAP backend. I have created a dialog user with sap_all and sap_new to use in the JCo RFC in the JCO RFC Provider Service. I am not comfortable with giving sap_all and sap_new to this user though. Any suggestions what are the profiles / authorisations that are really needed for this connection? Do you use a dialog or a communications user?

Many thanks

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

we can use dialag and communication user both.

in SM59 we use communication user only because if we use dialog user one can use this to log remotly, so we use there communication user.

but for Jco this problem is not there, so we can use both dialog and communication users.

Samrat

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

During the installation, there is one user created SAP_JSF user having just a commnunication type. All the JCo connection use this users for making a connection. Just chek in your UME or ABAP stack whether the user is created or not. If created what roles he has.

REward, If found useful

cheers

former_member84399
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your replies so far. SAPJSF is in the UME. Are you suggesting that I should use the SAPJSF user for username in the JCO Server definition in the Visual Administrator JCO RFC provider Service?

Many thanks

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not exactly, In the JCo service provider you would be asked to give the gateway host and the gateway service. i.e. you have to give the name of the ABAP system and the gateway service as sapgw<CI number> and then in the application server details you have to just give the details of the ABAP system to which you need the connection. The user name and password would be a user who is having the role of a communicatior. SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION role. Or use the admin user like ddic, it will work. what is the role for SAP_JSF user. You can try using this also..

Reward, If found useful

Message was edited by:

Naveen kumar.H

former_member84399
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you. My SAPJSF user has 2 roles

SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION

SAP_J2EE_GUEST

I use SAPJSF for the UME. I suppose I could try to use it for this task as well instead of creating a new user with SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION

What do you think?

Many thanks

Andreas

P.S rewarded points for your previous replies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, You need not create a seperate user and then assign him this role, instead use this user for all your Jco purpose.

Hope this solves the problem

Thanks for your points

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check whether J2EE_ADMIN user has SAP_J2EE_ADMIN role

Also

Createthe RFC connection at SM59. At the tab "Technical settings", select "Registered Server Program" as the activation type. The program ID is the name of the JCo rfc connection you created using the java visual administrator.

Reward points if usefull