cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi there, I cannot get a follow-on material to create Pur Req's. Can someone help with solution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,  I created 2 ECM's one for component going out and one for component coming in.  MRP 4 info has matching disco indicator and follow-on material and CS02 using different validity dates shows the new component as per the valid from and to dates.  But I cannot get the requirements to calculate into demand or consumption on MD04 after running many MD02 MRP runs and re-exploding the BOM's on the purchase orders.  What needs to change in the set-up?  Please note that this has been set-up in our production test environment on a externally procured finished good from our co-packer set-up as a plant in SAP.  Please let me know if you need screenshots of MRP 4, CS02 and Change master #'s.  Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Eleanor

Discontinuation does not work for components of subcontracting purchase orders/requisitions. Check the following information from note 43636:

6. No redirection of provision requirements for subcontracting

The provision requirement is not redirected to the successor material. A requirement after the effective-out date that is not covered is flagged in the MRP list with exception message 58 "Uncovered requirement outside of effective-out date". The requirement is not covered by new order proposals.

Reason: The system does not make a difference between "Subcontractor Dependent Requirement" (for planned order or purchase requisition) and "Subcontractor Reservation" (for SC order). In the first case a redirection would be useful, in the second case it would not.

However, the described function is currently not supported.

BR
Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your feedback regarding this issue.  Can I assume that it would work for in-house production using process orders?  Also, what is the recommended disco/replacement set-up for components for sub-contracted items?

Regards,

Eleanor

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Eleanor,

It would work for in-house production materials but not for sub-contracting ones. As per SAP note 57005 here is work-around for sub-contracting dis-continuation.

Since a discontinued part for subcontracting requirements is not supported in the R/3 system at present, you should convert the corresponding master data concerning the above processes in such a way that no active discontinuation situations can occur in subcontract order proposals.

However, no check/error message is implemented in this situation at present.

On the one hand, an implementation of corresponding general checks would only be possible with much effort because the processes are so different.

On the other hand it is assumed that the displayed processes can actually be used in a quite sensible way with certain restrictions. For example, the procurement process for subcontracting operations can actually return the correct results if the subcontract order and their components are not changed at all or only to a limited extent.

In general, however, you are warned against using these processes because you are not entitled for maintenance if process gaps and errors occur.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are currently handling pkg changes to sub-contracting finished goods production PO's by creating alternate BOM's.  As this is administratively time-consuming especially around correct timing and does create write-offs (follow-on isn't as robust with ALT BOM's), I am looking for other methods for change management.  Is substitution or variants an option?

There are a lot of pkg component changes for all of our co-packing facilities within a year.

Your thoughts/suggestions are appreciated.

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eleanor,

As you mentioned this is externally procured so I am considering this is a sub-contracting process. If that's the case go through the below note to understand that discontinuation is not supported. In note 43636 check point number 6. For workaround check note 570005.

570005 - Subcontractng:Discontind part f requrmnts of materl provided

43636 - Discontinuation control

I hope this explains the reason for your issue. Let us know if it worked.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning,

I am unable to access the notes you have referenced.  When I open the link it requests my user ID and password. Do I need an SAP portal user ID? I'm really looking forward to opening them and hopefully finding the solution.

Thanks,

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Eleanor,

Yes yes for this you need authorization. Check within your IT team someone will surely have credentials for SAP support portal. Though to summarize notes tell that discontinution of subcontracting parts is not supported.

whatyou can do is adjust the old material number as per requirement or do the process with discontinuation but assign the same directly on your touting (as an example). Though try to get the notes to understand it better.

regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, I will reach out to our FE's for access.  If the ECM disco/replace process does not work for sub-contracting (the co-packing plants are set-up in our production environment), could I test it on in-house production plants that use planned orders to process orders?  Our co-packers are set-up to go from planned orders to purchase requisitions to purchase orders for the F/G.