cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

abap on win 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

i would like to practise abap language,so what version of SAP abap should i download and install?

im running windows 7 64bit,its possible or do i have windows server edition?

SAP NetWeaver Application Server ABAP 7.03 64-bit

i tried this one but installer starts fist but nothing happens then,i see same window(program starter with lot of things) and thats all

i dont know if it because of incompatibility

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dairolozano
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julo.

Just with this info is not easy to determine what lead you to that issues.  Please give a look to these links in order to check if the error is due to prerequisites or any missing step.

http://scn.sap.com/community/abap/eclipse/blog/2014/08/06/how-to-install-sap-netweaver-application-s...

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3391576

However, take into account that the trial system only give you access to sample tables and applications so if you wanna have a real experience with with full access to real world transactions, you should consider buying access a productive system. 

SAP offers acces to live systems as part of the training solutions.  You can check this links for more information:

SAP Learning Hub: Live Access

http://www.sap.com/bin/sapcom/en_au/downloadasset.2014-07-jul-11-20.top-5-reasons-why-you-should-use...

In addition, there's a lot of solutions for buying SAP System access for a time period. You can search "Buy SAP IDES Access" on google.  Some of them are:

Hope this response be of help for you.

Regards,

Dairo

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for answer

so i will chack make a screenshot to provide you with more info about my issue

basicaly,it schoudnt be problem install that file on Win 7,right?

dairolozano
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julo.

That's right. It shouldn't be.

Please check the step by step in the links that I suggest you and probably find the issue while going trough.

Please let me know if you need somenthingh else.

Regards.

Dairo

Pd. If this info was helpful, pease dont't forget marking the answer as right. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,so i tried the 3.6G file of

SAP NetWeaver Application Server ABAP 7.03 64-bit

when i start the installation first SAP window appears and then it disapears,it doesnt show the main window where i can choose what to install,or unistall and the other options as usual,just the program starter window is open and nothing more

i copied the content below

Program is starting... Please wait!

guiengine: call to bind() for socket 21200 560 failed . No such file or directory

Starting GUIServer using:

SAPinst port  : 21201

GUIServer port: 21211

HTTP port     : 4238

GUI autostart : on

GUI mode      : normal

command       : "C:/Users/PAA~1/AppData/Local/Temp/sapinst_exe.5452.1433625487/jre\bin\java.exe" -cp "C:\Users\PAA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\sapinst_exe.5452.1433625487\jar\instgui.jar" -Xmx256M -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -Dsap.env.var.javahome=SAPINST_JRE_HOME SDTServer "rootdir=C:\Users\Paťa\.sdtgui" config=jar:sdtserver.xml guiport=21211 httpport=4238 -nolock -srvarg=/SAPinstService/host=localhost -srvarg=/SAPinstService/port=21201

load resource pool D:\abap\NWABAPTRIAL70211_64_GW204\SAP_NetWeaver_702e_Installation_Master\IM_WINDOWS_X86_64\resourcepool.xml

guiengine: No GUI server connected; waiting for a connection on host ASUS-K50IJ, port 21201 to continue with the installation

Jun 6, 2015 11:18:22 PM [Error]: java.io.IOException: Invalid argument

Jun 6, 2015 11:18:22 PM [Error]: java.io.IOException: Invalid argument

Jun 6, 2015 11:18:22 PM [Error]: com.sap.sdt.server.core.admin.InitException

Jun 6, 2015 11:18:22 PM [Fatal]: Error during controller startup.

Jun 6, 2015 11:18:22 PM [Fatal]: SL Controller exiting.

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at com.sap.sdt.util.misc.MethodCall.invoke(MethodCall.java:73)

at com.sap.sdt.util.misc.BootStrapper.start(BootStrapper.java:68)

at SDTServer.main(SDTServer.java:49)

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method com.sap.sdt.server.core.config.ServerFileSystemIF.getSessionPasswordFile() of an object returned from com.sap.sdt.server.core.admin.SDTServerAdmin.getFileSystem()

at com.sap.sdt.server.core.admin.SDTServerAdmin.deleteSessionPasswordFile(SDTServerAdmin.java:474)

at com.sap.sdt.engine.core.admin.AbstractServerAdmin.exit(AbstractServerAdmin.java:398)

at com.sap.sdt.server.core.admin.SDTServerAdmin.start(SDTServerAdmin.java:188)

... 7 more

java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method com.sap.sdt.server.core.config.ServerFileSystemIF.getSessionPasswordFile() of an object returned from com.sap.sdt.server.core.admin.SDTServerAdmin.getFileSystem()

at com.sap.sdt.server.core.admin.SDTServerAdmin.deleteSessionPasswordFile(SDTServerAdmin.java:474)

at com.sap.sdt.engine.core.admin.AbstractServerAdmin.exit(AbstractServerAdmin.java:398)

at com.sap.sdt.server.core.admin.SDTServerAdmin.start(SDTServerAdmin.java:188)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at com.sap.sdt.util.misc.MethodCall.invoke(MethodCall.java:73)

error in:

Class   : com.sap.sdt.server.core.admin.SDTServerAdmin

Name    : start

Target  : com.sap.sdt.server.core.admin.SDTServerAdmin@4cc5aa00

class [Ljava.lang.String; - [Ljava.lang.String;@451c0d60

java.lang.RuntimeException: invocation target exception: while trying to invoke the method com.sap.sdt.server.core.config.ServerFileSystemIF.getSessionPasswordFile() of an object returned from com.sap.sdt.server.core.admin.SDTServerAdmin.getFileSystem()

at com.sap.sdt.util.misc.MethodCall.invoke(MethodCall.java:95)

kilian_kilger
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

it has been some time that I last installed the trial version on windows. As is suggested in the below threads and by personal experience do the following:

1. Install the correct Java version (1.4.2) and set the path and JAVA_HOME environment variables accordingly. It is not easy to get that Java version, but manageable ;-).

2. Check that the correct java version is executed when invoking "java -version" from the command line

3. Check that there are no hanging processes in the background from former installs. If in doubt, restart windows.

4. Try to invoke the installer as administrator (right click, "start as administrator")

5. Start the install from an OS user whose name consists only of english letters. This is suggested in the below thread.

Best regards,

Kilian.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1992999

Former Member
0 Kudos

I started the installation as admin and i tried several times,different installation packages,reboot PC etc,i really dont know

i have the latest Java as well

kilian_kilger
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am certainly no installation expert, but I remember that one should use an old and very specific version of Java. In the link below there is a description in which the author however used a recent Java. So don't take my word too serious. But I would try with Java 1.4.2, not Java 1.5, 7 or 8.

Best regards,

Kilian.

http://scn.sap.com/community/abap/eclipse/blog/2014/08/06/how-to-install-sap-netweaver-application-s...

dairolozano
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julo.

I suggest you trying with java version 1.6 or 1.7 and setting security level to medium or low.

Please let me know if it works.

Regards.

Dairo

Former Member
0 Kudos

it didnt help me at all.same problem