cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error "Not possible to carry out the forecast - no historical data" in process chain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Getting error "Not possible to carry out the forecast - no historical data" in both foreground and process chain. I tried all relevant univariate forecasting models but still our job in production is failing. Need urgent help from experts. We are currently in SCM 7.0 SP14. All OSS notes for this issue has already applied to our version.
We are using past two years of history. Sometimes, History is zero or insufficient. But we still need to keep CVCs for which they are giving these errors for other valid reasons for our business model.

Please provide answer to the following questions in univariate forecasting to avoid above error:

Which univariate forecasting we should be using even if History is insufficient or zero?

What should be other settings like Alpha, beta, gamma numbers and ex-post, and other univariate profile settings?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think "no historical" data does not mean "insufficient historical data", so I suggest you to focus on the historical key figure settings. Are you using corrected history key figure in forecast profile?

For some forecast models, you'll need 2 seasonal cycle's periods + 3 extra periods.
Make sure "without leading zeros" is not set in univariate forecast profile.

Best Regards,
Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried all above options. Still I get same error.

Please provide more details on Univariate settings. We are using Corrected History Keyfigure in forecast profile but we have selected checkboxes "Read Corr. History data from planning version" or "Adjust Corrected History".

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to planning area in /sapapo/msdp_admin, double click the planning area. Then Extras -> Forecast Settings, see if you have defined corrected history key figure there.

Best Regards,
Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

I fixed this issue. I had make some changes in forecast profile for smoothing coefficients(and other settings) and had to write macro to override negative values to zero. I must appreciate all your support and valuable advises.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

Check in the planning area if "ZERO is allowed" at key figure level. Then create a macro to populate the blank cells with ZERO value. With ZERO values you should not have errors.

Thanks,

Regards, Marius  

Former Member
0 Kudos

We already did this. And same error comes up even with Zero values.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Add 1 everywhere!

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

CRoston model should work and auto model selection should pick it up.

Thanks,

SUbash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Subash for the quick response.

I tried Croston, Auto model selection and lot of other models as well. Still getting same error. Could you please shed some light on other univariate settings to avoid this error.