SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layout Module Variant - Assign Extra of an Article

former_member348835
Participant
0 Kudos

According to course material IRT310 page 73, "you can create a layout module variant to include certain articles in a layout module version or to remove certain articles from a layout module version".

Say, you have already article 3600800 in layout module D1001TEST1, version 0000, with a max quantity of 10 BOX. Now you want to change the max quantity to 25 BOX for store D002.

You attempt to create a variant by transaction WLWBN > click on the layout version 0000 > click on the button "Layout Module Variant Maintenance" > click on "Create and Assign Variant" and assign the relevant store(s) here. Next you select article 3600800 with a certain unit of measure.

At the top of the screen you have two buttons: "Assign" and "Assign Exclusively". "Assign Exclusively" is used to exclude articles from the standard layout module version. This works very well. But in my example we need to use the button "Assign" to increase the max stock. This doesn't work. When I try to save a positive difference on the max stock of 15 BOX, I get the error message:

"Article 3600800 UoM BOX is already assigned to module D1001TEST1 version 0000".

How can that be? Does the standard layout module version block for maintenance of variants?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tobias_König
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sune,

sorry to say that, but as you stated "you can create a layout module variant to include certain articles in a layout module version or to remove certain articles from a layout module version".

Meaning: your article 3600800 is already added to the layout module. Therefore you cannot add it "again" at the layout variant level. The UoM does not have any impact here.

Because of this behaviour, the layout module variant is not really usable in many cases from my point of view. In the past, we have created therefore a seperate layout module and used the connection of layout modue <-> assortment and assigning the stores to the assortments. In "extreme" cases this can lead to a seperate layout module per store...

Regards

Tobias

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Tobias_König
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sune,

sorry to say that, but as you stated "you can create a layout module variant to include certain articles in a layout module version or to remove certain articles from a layout module version".

Meaning: your article 3600800 is already added to the layout module. Therefore you cannot add it "again" at the layout variant level. The UoM does not have any impact here.

Because of this behaviour, the layout module variant is not really usable in many cases from my point of view. In the past, we have created therefore a seperate layout module and used the connection of layout modue <-> assortment and assigning the stores to the assortments. In "extreme" cases this can lead to a seperate layout module per store...

Regards

Tobias

0 Kudos

Hi Tobias

I was afraid of that answer, because I ended up with the same result. As I'm not the only consultant having that problem, and the solution suggested by you is going to undermine the whole concept of layout module variants, I report this as a bug to SAP.