cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Mobile/Design Studio link to Explorer opens in browser, not Explorer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wrote an application in Design Studio, which has a URL link to our internal BI Explorer application.

I'm using:

APPLICATION.openNewWindow("http://biserver:8080/explorer");

When I test the application on the IPAD/iPhone, the link opens in Safari. This doesn't work since Flash is not supported.

I have SBO Explorer installed on the iPAD/iPhone.

Is it possible to open with the Explorer app instead of the browser?

BI Platform 4.1 SP5

IOS 8.3

BI Mobile 6.1.20

Thanks,

Amber

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amber,

If I understand your use-case correctly - you are viewing a Design Studio document in Mobile BI App. And from that you intend to launch an explorer document.

Today Mobile BI App for IPAD supports both Design Studio and Explorer documents. You may try to create a sapbi link from design studio to explorer document. I think this should help you launch the explorer document within Mobi App.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh.

Yes, I am trying to view the Design studio document in Mobile BI app. When I click the Explorer link (embedded in the Design Studio app), then it opens in Safari and not the Mobile app.

Is this a bug? Has anyone had success with this?

Thanks,

Amber

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you paste your link here: SAP BI links start from sapbi:// protocol and works only on mobile devices. and not web.

A normal link would simply open in safari. That's expected behavior and not a bug.

Regards,

Ashutosh

former_member207052
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had similar challenges in the past to have a opendoc link that will open the report in MoBI app if accessed from iPad and in Browser if accessed from desktop/laptop & have mentioned the process in the below link.

http://scn.sap.com/community/mobile/businessobjects/blog/2014/11/13/how-to-open-a-report-on-sapbi-ap...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Ashutosh. I wasn't aware of sapbi://. This worked for me for opening up a webi report, but it doesn't work for an Explorer link.

Here is my link:

APPLICATION.openNewWindow("sapbi://biserver:8080/explorer/index.jsp?application=portal&isid=AXu_h4FuKiJBoVtPlq0m8hY"

);

Thanks again for all of your help,

Amber