SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost element (G/L account) required with CO account assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I get the message "Cost element (G/L account) required with CO account assignment" when I run the transaction FMW1 (Funds blocking). My EA-PS version is 617 and SAP-APPL is 617 too.

Anyone know why this problem occurs??

Thanks.

José Augusto

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Hope you G/L account is treating as a cost element, as  P&L account it needs a cost object.

Kindly check transaction OKB9 for default assignment of cost center.Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Pardhu

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Jose Augusto,

Does the GL Account you are using have a cost element? You must use a GL Account with a cost element.

Thanks

Shyam

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Hope you G/L account is treating as a cost element, as  P&L account it needs a cost object.

Kindly check transaction OKB9 for default assignment of cost center.Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Pardhu

0 Kudos

Hi.

Thank you for your quick responses.

But this error only happens when I fill the field order number or the field WBS element.

If I only fills in the fields Commitment Item, Funds Center and Fund, I can generate the document.

0 Kudos

Jose Augusto,

The earmarked funds documents are documents that exist in both CO and FM (tables KBLK and KBLP in CO and FMIOI in FM). It appears that when you enter an order or WBS (both CO objects), CO requires a GL Account with a cost element). When you only enter FM Objects it does not. This is standard system behavior.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Instead of filling the fields Commitment Item and Funds Center, I filled the fields G/L Account and Cost Center. The values for the fields Commitment item, Funds Center, Fund and Measure were derived by FMDERIVE  and the document was generated.

Thank you for your help.