Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVS Search Help

pradeep_sampath
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear ,

I am trying to assign OVS Search Help to an attribute at runtime. This field context node is mapped from the main component(first) which has no WDR_OVS in its used component and have the context node only. I have declared the WDR_OVS in the second component where the context node is mapped.

Now, Search Help is enabled for the respective input field in the view. When I Press F4 to get the search options, I am getting an error message as "Input help not possible. Component usage & does not exist."

I am using the interface "if_wd_context_node_info" to set the ovs search help at runtime using the method "set_attribute_value_help".

Am I missing out any basic elements in this runtime assignment of search help like ovs search help listener?? Please help me out on this.

Regards,

Pradeep Ganesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Gowtham
Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member223133
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Below are the steps you can re-check for your OVS help.

1. Add 'WDR_OVS' as Used Components to WebDynpro Component.
  2. Wherever the context has been defined, in that component's properties tab add the OVS component WDR_OVS.
  3. Now in Context tab select an attribute for which OVS has to be defined. Set the value of 'Input Help Mode' property as 'Object Value Selector' (OVS). Set the value of 'OVS Component Usage' property.
  4. Create an Event handler method to get OVS Search Help.
  5. Once the method is defined, we get an auto generated OVS code.Only thing left for us is to code which are all input search fields will be available on screen, what are all columns will be available as result search, how to fetch a data and which all values can be return as selected value.

BR

Gangadhar

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

It seems like you have added the Used Component usage at your component level.

Apart from it, to resolve this error, you need to add the component usage in your corresponding view also. Add you component usage at your view level in properties tab of Used Controllers/Components.

BR,

RAM.

pradeep_sampath
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Ram,

I have already used the Component Usage at View properties. Still I don't get the OVS Search Help.

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pradeep,

It would be so useful, if you paste your OVS phase codes here. Also check where and at which phase are you getting this error.

BR,

RAM.