cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tuning of Associate Base Transform Transformation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning All,

I was kind of hoping that there may be someone here who might be able to give me some tips on how one can tune this particular transformation.   I have looked at the transformation (inside and out) and searched everywhere that I could think of for any info on this transformation - there is little to none that I could find   😞   So any help would be super!

If I need to supply any additional info -- ask away and it shall be done.

Much thanks to everyone...

David

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

virginia_hagen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This really isn't the place to tune a job, especially one using the Associate Transform.  By design, the Associate is always going to be a bottle neck in your job.  In order to do the association of the match groups to occur, it has to have all of the records of the upstream match transforms in order to associate the records together. 

The transform reference in the Reference Guide, has a few options that relate directly to performance.  Some of the functionality is going to be slower than another, but if your business rules require it the processing needs to occur. 

If you are looking to tune the job, you may be better off looking at how the match groups are breaking in the upstream transforms so that the number of comparisons are fewer.  It will still show the bottleneck at the associate transform, but the fewer unnecessary comparisons upstream, will get the match groups to the associate transform sooner. 

Thanks,

Virginia