Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10.1 Role Mass Maintenance - Role Attributes Settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm working in GRC 10.1 SP 7.

I'm trying to import a composite role but I'm having an issue.

In step 2 (Select Role Data), the field subprocess is mandadory. It makes sense when importing simple roles but for the composite ones, I don't want it to be mandatory because I want to associate the composite roles to positions in the company (e.g. head of department, director, assistant).

For example, my business process is Human Resources and Payroll. When importing a simple role, I can say that my subprocess is Time Management, Personnel Adminstration or Payroll. But when I'm importing a composite role that will be assigned to the HR Director, I don't want to limit the subprocess to only one. It may be associated to more than one subprocess.

Can anyone tell me where can I set which parameters are mandatory and which are not for this situation?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Denise

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Denise,

with standard functionality it is not possible to reset the mandatory status for the subprocess field. In previous projects I have defined a general subprocess for all processes. My subprocesses were then either defined as "Composite Role", or in other projects similar than the process (e.g. for HR it was defined as subprocess "HR").

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

Thank you for your answer. In fact, we had already thought about this solution but we wanted to see if there was a way to set the subprocess field as non-mandatory.
I guess the best solution goes by defining the subprocess as "Composite Roles".

Many thanks,

Denise

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member197694
Active Contributor

Hello Denise,

Check the below thread for role attribute changes,might be useful

Regards

Baithi