cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Responsible Field Required for BW Report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have one requirement that i have to populate RESPONSIBLE Field in one of our BW Report.I have referred two threads but didn't find the correct way to sort it out.

https://scn.sap.com/thread/3676299

While researching on this i got participant GUID from dpr_entity_link but when i passed this participant GUID to DPR_BUPA_LINK it is not giving BUPA_guid.I got result from DPR_GET_TREE report but unable to find any link between the tables.Please Refer Below Screenshot for reference.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lalit,

I Have Faced the same issue & after go through several scn threads and find the solution by myself.

Below logic will definitely helps you.

Goto RSA3 -> 0DPR_PROJECT_ATTR as data source and select CGPL_GUID from there.

Pass CGPL_GUID into CONVERSION_EXIT_CGPLP_INPUT (Function Module) and get OUTPUT as a GUID.

Then pass this OUTPUT GUID in DPR_ENTITY_LINK Table in AS ENTITY GUID and Select PARTICIPANT_GUID from there.

Pass PARTICIPANT_GUID in BAPI_BUS2177_GET_DETAIL (Function Module) as a PROJECTROLE_GUID And Select From ET_STAFFING GUID Table GUIDS.

Pass That GUIDS  in BUT000 Table as PARTNER_GUID and you will get all Business Partners associated with Responsible Fileds.

Hope Above Logic Will Fulfill your Requirements.

Regards,

Darshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Darshan,

My problem got solved & enhancement of datasource is implemented sucessfully.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

francesco_pezzoli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Lalit,

Having seen your screenshot, it appears that there is actually no responsible resource assigned to this object.

There is a value appearing in field "Responsible", due to the fact that a responsible role has been maintained, so the value in field "Responsible" is populated automatically according to the -display- logic which is mentioned in the long text of SAP note 1982481 (section "Solution"). However until you actually assign a resource in field "Responsible Resource", there is no responsible person assigned. You will need for the responsible resource to be assigned, in order to get this information at DB level.

Aside from the above, I can confirm that the solution suggested in the thread to which you are referring is correct and should work (as long as the aforementioned assignment has been carried out): Task and Projects to person responsible mainten... | SCN

As selecting in DPR tables via GUID with transaction SE16 is not supported, I would suggest that you first try the following with report DPR_GUID_ANALYZE:

- in SE16 find out the relevant GUID for your object (e.g. field DPR_PROJECT-GUID for a project definition)

- enter this GUID as a selection criteria in report DPR_GUID_ANALYZE. Look for an entry in table DPR_ENTITY_LINK in the results.

- enter the value DPR_ENTITY_LINK-PARTICIPANT_GUID as a selection criteria in report DPR_GUID_ANALYZE. Look for an entry in table DPR_BUPA_LINK in the results.

- enter the value DPR_BUPA_LINK-BUPA_GUID as a selection criteria in report DPR_GUID_ANALYZE. Look for an entry in table BUT000 which should contain the details of your business partner.

Best regards
Francesco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Francesco for giving the logic it works now i am able to find the entries.