cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

packing proposal sales order vs handling units

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

i have a small query regarding the handling units. i have created deliveries for the particular sales order & packing process is completed.

when i take an output of delivery, actual carton numbers also can be seen.

But when i go to packing proposal on sales order with Extras menu, it is not showing real packing status. it is showing that items are not packed yet.

according to my understanding, it should update automatically but it is not happening.

What is the reason.

Thanks,

Madhushanka

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186940
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

As i understand correctly, you are using packing proposal and doing packing in delivery. Hence its not showing in sales order.

If you use packing proposal in sales order itself, it will have correct data. (i did it in my system and its working fine )

Request you to please check.

regards,

amol

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Packing takes place at different levels, so can have packing proposal at Sales Order, Delivery and Shipment. Thus, packing can either take place on all the levels or probably at of the level as the per business process. For example, at Sales Order you pack the material in Boxes. Then in delivery you pack them in Pallets. Finally, in Shipment you pack them in Containers. And as I understand they all the packing levels are different and not same. Check the handling unit numbers, they are ought to be different at different documents.

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx for your comment JP,

But in our scenario we are using only boxes at all levels. i have configured only carton in packing instructions.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you compare the handling unit numbers that is open vs closed one?

Thanks, JP