cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATP check -- Dummy sales order quantity should not consider.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All We have created customer wise dummy sales order in our system. The purpose of creating  sales order was to pass the price of an item to our distributor portal. We have schedule the program and every week sales order are getting updated and we pulled those sales order price through BAPI in out portal. Every thing is working as per the requirement. Now We have activated the ATP check at sales order and delivery level ( OZV9) in which system is capturing the while calculating the  requirement system taking these dummy order quantity in consideration. We want system should not consider the quantity  form dummy sales order of item . Please let us know the step by step process to avoid the dummy order calculation. Regards Avinash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

Let me explain you with an example. You have a sales order type OR in standard system. It has item category TAN which has schedule line assigned CP. In this schedule line category we define whether requirement is to be passed to MRP or not "indicator Req./Assy.". This should be ticked if you have to pass the requirement. Same way we have CN which doesn't pass requirement to MRP. Assign this to item category in customizing assigned to your document type under:

Sales and Distribution -  Sales - Sales Documents - Schedule Lines - Assign Schedule Line Categories

Make sure that is available in sales order. Double click on line item, go to schedule line tab, check there.

I hope you understood the same and will change it accordingly.

Let me know if this worked for yourself.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rahul Thanks for revert ,we required small clarity if we put the tick in Item category for Schedule line allowed then what will be the impact in ATP. Do we need to remove that tick also. Regards Avinash

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

Item category defines a process. Example third-party process, in this case we say that system should automatically generate purchase requisition assigned to sales order. In such a case we don't need to ATP check for such line item and don't have to pass it to MRP.

On the other hand we can say that item category would be standard that is blank but with tick which means that availability check must be carried out to confirm the quantity.

I hope it clears your doubt. If yes do follow the below. Thanks.

How to close a discussion and why

Regards

Rahul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Please let us know the step by step process

First of all, did you put efforts to find out by searching SCN whether this topic has already been discussed?  I am sure, you would not have searched.  Couple of ways are there if you dont want any material to be considered for availability check.  Search and take the inputs.  Still if you are unable to solve, post here with the efforts what you have taken.

Last but not least, asking step by step process is definitely not encouraged in SCN.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member192506
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

I believe you are using different order type for creating dummy orders. Configuring standard schedule line category determination with item category "TAN" would impact your real orders also.

I would suggest to have a  Z order type for creating dummy orders  along with Z item category with schedule line category CN .

This will avoid the confusion and orders created with this new order type will not pass any requirements to MRP.

Please let us know if this solves your query.

Regards

Kanishk Bohra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kanishk We are using different sales order type ( ZDUM) and Item Category (ZDUM) for dummy order process with standard schedule line CN. For this Process the batch Management is at sales order level. Every time if Material new batch created system determine the batch ( through Weekly Schedule) with price of Material. We want to know if we tick on schedule for delivery tab in item category then what will be the ATP impact of these orders. Now system trigger the schedule line in sales order with schedule line category CN. Our requirement is system should not consider this open sales order in consideration while running the availability check at SO and OBD level. Regards Avinash

former_member192506
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

Tick on Schedule for delivery in the Item category  will not have impact on MRP . That functionality is for the system to determine if the line items requires any physical delivery or not. for example TEXT items or items in Credit memo request are not relevant for delivery.

MRP is controlled through schedule line . As long as  CN schedule line category is determined it will not have any impact on MRP

Alternative solution to this is to apply Reason for rejection in the header of the sales order type ZDUM. This will change the status of your sales order from open to complete.

Please let us know if this resolves your concern

Regards

Kanishk Bohra

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

I would suggest you to close this thread and open a new one as this is not related to the original issue described on the incident. For that I already mentioned what to change and where to change.

I hope you take this in a positive way.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul Closing this thread.