cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10901: Database error: ORA-12505: TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor . Contact your Business Objects administrator or database supplier for more information. (Error: WIS 10901)

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can you please help me out here. I am getting the error after changing the pwd.

Example, my schema name is BO.  Password currently is BO1. I changed the oracle password to BO2 and later in the Univberse too. I changed the pwd in Universe level. Now, Do I need to change the pwd any where in the CMS as I am with BOXI R2 now.

Do we have any settings to be modified anywhere, whther the webi reports will run or not ?

Hope that's clear and thanks for the help ??

---------------------------------------------After that,

After changing the pwd in Universe and Oracle DB, I am getting the below error for while running the Webi reports.

"10901: Database error: ORA-12505: TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in
connect descriptor . Contact your Business Objects administrator or database
supplier for more information. (Error: WIS 10901) "

I can explain more with you If you need.

Thanks all in advance!

Thanks,

Mithun S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Brindavan_M
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mithun,

Mostly this is listener problem or it might be recent changes of schema password which is ot able not reorganized with oracle client while server is on fly.

1)

Cause: The listener received a request to establish a connection to a database or other service. The connect descriptor received by the listener specified a SID for an instance (usually a database instance) that either has not yet dynamically registered with the listener or has not been statically configured for the listener. This may be a temporary condition such as after the listener has started, but before the database instance has registered with the listener.

Action:

- Wait a moment and try to connect a second time.

- Check which instances are currently known by the listener by executing: lsnrctl services <listener name>

- Check that the SID parameter in the connect descriptor specifies an instance known by the listener.

- Check for an event in the listener.log file.

2)

login with new password with schema , if you abe to login the oracle with new password. then run the password with using br-tools.

one you update the passowrd with brtools better do one restart.

Let us know if you still facing the issue after all the checks.

Thanks,

BM

0 Kudos

Hi BM,

I checked the Listener file and checked the SID in connect descriptor and I replaced.

It's working fine now.

Thanks for quick and clear response.

Thanks,

M

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mithun,

Kindly check the below sapnote http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1637885

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

I cannot able to login as it was prompting me for username and pwd.

Thanks,

M