Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Level is not valid

Premalatha
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting a message during DTR creation in TM system as "Service Level XX is not valid".

XML failed because of the above error. Service level code which is present in the XML message from ECC system is maintained in the SPRO configuration in the path SAP TM-> SCMbasis->Master Data ->Business Partner->Define Transportation Service Level codes and the corresponding mapping also done.

But still coudnt know what I am missing here. Need help on this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Premalatha. S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Premlatha,

Have you also maintained Service Level Codes in BP master data (Carrier Role) > Vendor data Tab.

Please maintain it if not and resend the message.

BR

narender

Premalatha
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Narender,

Thanks for your reply. I will try the same.

Regards,

Premalatha. S

Premalatha
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Narendar,

Have a query on your reply. This is happening during the DTR creation. When the document was transferred to the first time to TM system. Here, do we need to check whether the service level code is maintained in carrier now? I am thinking that might because of some other issue. Need your suggestion on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Premalatha. S

Bimal_S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

"Please check the incoming xml from ECC and maintain the same service level code in TM SPRO config.

SPRO->SAP TM->TM -> Forwarding Order Management -> Define Transportation service level code. "

I hope you have done this already. But please check again with respect to upper case/lowercase etc...

In general, ECC shipping conditions are to be configured in TM as transportation service level codes

If the issue persists, please let me know the TM version and service pack level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Premalatha,

I see 2 possibilities from your from your description -

1- The Shipping condition that is coming with ECC Delivery is looking for the Service Level code mapping and its missing in SPRO (as Bimal has suggested)

2- You may be passing Forwarding agent partner function in the Delivery document. (may be for direct tendering etc.), which gets the carrier automatically but doesn't get the SL codes in its master data.

BR

narender

Premalatha
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bimal,

Do we need to maintain the service level code in the SPRO path which you have mentioned or in SAP TM-> SCMbasis->Master Data ->Business Partner->Define Transportation Service Level codes

Requesting you to clarify the same. Is it required to maintain in both the places. For your kind information, I am getting this error during DTR creation(through XML from ECC).

Regards,

Premalatha. S

Bimal_S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Both are same. It looks like your issue is point 2 (as mentioned by Narender). Go to the ECC SO check the partners [Sold to, ship to etcc...] Then check corresponding BPs in TM for service level in Org data tab.

former_member194343
Participant
0 Kudos

This is NOT true, I also stumbled upon this in configuration.

The customizing in SCM Basis is used for CIFing business partners. You know that you can assign shipping conditions to business partner master records in SAP ERP. These are transferred when CIFing the record and mapped into transportation service level codes. For this, you can define a mapping of shipping conditions to service level codes.

The customizing in FWO management is used when documents (SO, Deliveries) are transferred. The difference here is that there is NO mapping of ERP shipping condition to service level codes. This means that you have to define all the shipping conditions as service level codes with the same ID.

Not a very straightforward design here, in my opinion: When you connect multiple ERP systems using different shipping conditions (or worse, same IDs but with different meaning!), you can't do a system-specific mapping via customizing, only via BAdI...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Premalatha
Explorer
0 Kudos

Issue is solved after maintaining the entries correctly in the SPRO config.

Thanks for all.

Regards,

Premalatha. S