cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Category Replication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to have the long description of the product category when we want to use the matchcode for a SC creation.

I saw in the forum that the way to replicate this long description is to go to SM30 on table COMC_HIERARCHY and then active the "Transfer 60-character Description". That will be greate for my need but I have one question.

I have already replicate all ma Product category. If I run the replication twice does the system will recognize that I have already the produc category or is he going to create new guid for new product category?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my opinion, System recognize that you have already this category and update description.

regards,

Marcin

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all, I will test it this week and let you know and giving points to you.

thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

This is Quite possible once you selected the Option for Transfer 60 Character Description in the Table COMC_HIERARCHY .

If you already entered the long description then the information will be updated automatically.I suggest you try it in your development system.

with regards,

mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I agree with Marcin. The existing product category will be updated in this case.

For safety, Please try it out once in your Sandbox systems, before trying this process directly in your Testing / Quality / Production systems.

Regards

- Atul