cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIR is taking GI with 231 movement type in MIGO !!!

dineshcbe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

R-F130 is my salable material. MRP Type - PD , Strategy Group - 10. Stock is already available for 50 nos.

I created a CIR in MD81 for 10 nos Req Type : KSL, CIRDocs no.50000077.

I just like tat tried to make GI in MIGO with movement type 231, i thought that system will say " Document 50000077 does not contain any select-able item ". But unexpectedly GI was posted successfully for a CIR.

In the field Sales Order "50000077" is displayed which is a CIR docs.

I didn't create any sales order for R-F130 then how it happens.???

In VA03 is couldn't see any sales order as "50000077", instead i received the error " Processing Sales Document type 01 with transaction MD83".

What is Configuration Mistake behind this ?

How CIR can take GI ?

Thanks in Advance,

Dinesh Kumar V.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

When you create a CIR, basically it's a kind of sales order only (different order type). It by default takes 01. Now this has item category as 0001 and schedule line as EP. In this SL category there is no definition of associated movement type, example 601 as i case of CP schedule line.

On the other hand 231 is meant to post against sales order. This being a sales document you can vary easily post again the same by defining correct GL accounts and all.

And anyways KSL is nothing but consumption from warehouse. For this you are consuming the stock by doing GI against CIR.

I hope the concept is clear for the same.

Regards

Rahul

dineshcbe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hellow Sir :

If CIR is like a sales docs & GI is possible to the same.

Then were can we see Sold-part name, address, & many other sales related docs. And with reference to which docs we will make invoices/billing.Do we need to create a sales order for this purposes ?

Thanks,

Dinesh Kumar V.

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

Here we need to understand the process. Basically the purpose of CIR is create a demand with respect to a contractual agreement (could be a sales order) between an organization and a sold-to party. This contract will carry information for the delivery of a materials with certain quantity for a certain date/period.

So in forecasting process instead of creating sales orders with different lines, you can have internal CIR w.r.t. this contract or multiple contracts for this material. After from this you will have customers which would be meet on the basis of general sales orders for which you put PIR's. If you check requirement type in both transactions its totally different. One supporting MTO scenario's and other MTS.

Since certain scenario's you need to issue directly from warehouse against sales order's that's why we have 231 against sales orders and this being a sales order document type, allowed you to do so.

That's the reason you don't have any data like sold to party/pricing etc. in this document as its purpose is to generate forecast with different requirement type.

I hope it's clear for yourself.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

In SAP SD, document types are maintained to differentiate various sales documents, Document type 01 is for customer independent requirement or CIR, that are maintained by MD81/ 82 / 83.

VA01 / 02 / 03 are used for maintaining sales order document type (for example OR - standard orders). There are dedicated transactions to maintain different sales document type, the error that you are getting is standard behavior of system.

Regards,

Rohit

dineshcbe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

I think there is some misunderstanding happens here.

I worry is not about error message, i concern on how can a Goods Issue happens to CIR document ?

I request you to read again my previous post.

Regards,

Dinesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Dinesh, apologies for missing that.

So ideally since its a CIR (document type 01) not a sales order, system should not allow goods issue 231. There are 3 points that I feel we need to check here apart from settings in PP module as it has integration with Sales & Inventory management.

1. Is the setting for Document type 01 correct (VOV8 transaction) ? If yes then is it correct for item category too (V0V7). I think, CIR should have picked item category 0001 by default. There could be come change in standard configuration for CIR

2. Setting for Requirement type KSL and requiremnt class 030 (OVZG)

3. Setting for movement type 231 correct (OPJJ) ?

Please try to take help from SD & MM resource to find if there is some thing thats missing from SD / MM perspective.

Regards,

Roht

dineshcbe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per point no.2, in Requirement class 030 - Independent Requirement Reduction indicator is selected. Is it right ?

What you are saying with point 3, OPJJ is for availability check ?

Parallel let me go with SD/MM consultant.

Regards,

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

it should be OMJJ