cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is difference between WebDynpro and BSP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

WebDynpro

WebDynpro comes in 2 flavours .

For WD ABAP

1) You go to se80 .

2) In Drop down Dynpro Application appers.

3) Create new applicvation from there .

Another major thing that you have to take into consideration is MVC .

Its strictly follows MVC (Model View Controller architecture ).

Another condition is that you need to be well aware with Object Oriented ABAP.

In these you will come across concepts like Node , Context , Supply_function and all.

Ultimately , good ABAP per can develope web form by WD ABAP.

For WD Java

1) You need NDS (Netweaver Developer Studio).Its is just like your java's tool Eclipe .

2) You need to be well aware with EJB and bean as well as core java.

3) you explicitely need to deploy every application on WAS.

Ultilamtely , if you have sense of java and SAP you can develope excellent web service in SAP with these.

BOTH THING MAY FINALLY USED IN EP (Enterprise portal.)

BSP is older tool provided by SAP for WebDevlopement. Its does nt stictly follow MVC pattern.

It have both stateful and Staless application creation option but in case of WebDynpro its only Stateful.

<b> Future is WebDynpro</b>

Cheers

Parry

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answer 1) I will suggest to directly Switch it WebDynpro for ABAP .

I have worked in both areas WebDynpro For Abap and BSP.

Now why WebDynpro For ABAP .In my view BSP and WebDynpro ABAP are two distinct and Complex areas . So Instead of putting efforts and energy to explore BSP and trying to apply that Logic in WD ABAP won’t be right deal .

Now let me make you one thing clear . WebDynpro ABAP programming is much more different experience than BSP .It strictly follows MVC (Model View Controller ) .Not just that you need to have good sense of OOABAP classes and methods , interfaces etc.

May at time Achieving some functionality with BSP over web will be easy deal compare to same thing in WebDynpro ABAP .ut as your thinking in Context of WD ABAP will mature you will find it easier .

Answer 2) Ya there might be reason for going for BSP development .

In my view there are to possible reason

1) Based on current skill sets of SAP resources and Complexity of thing .Many time if less web Services are there and if you have existing BSP resources then its better for BSP development.

2) Amount you want use other things like HTML or javascript .You can more easily use things in BSP .

I will suggest you to go through following links

How much of oops ABAP is required for ABAP Webdynpro

Hope I have cleared your doubts .

If yes Reward Points.

Cheers !!!

Parry B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

They are two fundamentally different technologies - have you tried using the search button?