cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Fiori Access- No VPN

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to use my Ipad to connect to SAP Fiori. I can not use the VPN connection as it is forbidden by the Company´s policies. Is there other way to be able to use SAP Fiori in my Ipad?

Thanks,

Kind regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The other option is to setup a web dispatcher that is outside the network....

Thanks

Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Andrew, so with the Web Dispatcher I can avoid to configure the VPN access in the ipad?

Thanks,

Kind regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

Yes with a web dispatcher you would not need any vpn to access the gateway system (Fiori apps).

See link below:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/48/8fe37933114e6fe10000000a421937/frameset.htm

Thanks

Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Andrew,

If I need to access to GRC RM app, where should I need to configure the SAP Web Dispatcher?

In the SAP GRC system right? Is it a problem if the system is not running on HANA?

Thanks,

Kind regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

I'm not BASIS.

But I would think you need a separate box with just the web dispatcher on sitting outside the network or in the DMZ.

No problems with HANA this is just a way of getting to SAP from outside the network.

Thanks

Andrew

SergioG_TX
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you are simply testing or wanting to create a test app, check out hana cloud (HCP) and create a trial instance. it lets you create Fiori apps, xs, etc.. and you can easily view, test on an non-productive environment.

you can create a free account there. highly recommended

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

Thanks for your reply,

I need to test the Fiori apps related to SAP GRC Risk Management and the GRC system is already working in the Company system.

How can I connect it to my iPad?

Thanks again,

Kind regards,

SergioG_TX
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if your issue is due to a firewall or network access, i dont think you can skip the vpn connection. or have you tried being on the same network maybe on a guest network. again, if it is not on the same network, i highly doubt you will be able to access it.

if you just want to see on an ipad screen/mode, you may use the google chrome browser and change the display mode to simulate. other than that you need to be connected from your ipad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

Thanks for your reply,

Yes, the problem is that it is not possible to connect to the Corporate VPN from the iPad.

So,no solution is possible to be able to connect to the SAP Fiori?

Thanks,

Kind regards,

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Please contact your IT network team. It is just your network setting issue.

Devices need to to be connect to the server via http or https.

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masayuki-san,

Thanks for your reply.  My IT network team denies to connect the device to the network.

How can I connect the iPad to the SAP Fiori?

Thanks,

Kind regards,

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Before starting any app, you need to connect your device to the network.

I guess you are not planning for productive usage. You can test Fiori apps on the desktop browser.

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masayuki-san,

Thanks for your reply. I need not to connect to the VPN of the Company. Andrew just commented it is possible to connect using SAP Web Dispatcher, what do you think about this solution?