cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

storage bin pick during Goods Issue for production order

0 Kudos

During Goods issue of process order system is consuming inventory for Material AA233 from storage type 914 and bin 111abc.

In my storage type 914 I have multiple bins:

BIN                         Qty stock

111abc

123abc                  40

134abc                  100

But somehow system is always pick bin 111abc and put –ve stock in it.

I checked WM Mvt. Type config for 261 and it only maintain with storage type 914. There was no bin assign.

I checked master data in WM-2 for storage type 914 and there different bin 155mnb was assigned.

I checked control cycle and it was maintained for different bin 167uhb. I checked in ls41 only one control cycle is there.

Now question is….How system is picking bin 111abc during Goods issue of material AA233?

Where does this settings for picking bin?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The description of your settings is not very clear...

Usually (in standard SAP), storage type 914 is not used with material staging (WM-PP interface), it means that the control cycles are irrelevant. Of course, it is possible to set 914 instead of storage type 100 for material staging, but I would not call it best practice...

If WM-PP is not actrive, in my opinion you should first check the WM movement type used for the transfer order (which is related to the production order) and check the settings behind in table T333 - you should keep in mind that there can be several records for one particular WM movement type, you should check the one which is specific to your warehouse.

If WM-PP interface is active, the control cycle should explain the behaviour, please be aware that you can have generic and material specific control cycles and you should check the control cycle of the right plant / production supply area.

0 Kudos

Hi Csaba,

yes generic control cycle was maintained and that bin was maintain in header material BOM for this line item.

thank you very much for your help.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you explain a bit more "In my storage type 914 I have multiple bins"

I see that you listed 3 bins, but I think you gave us some fake names, didn't you?

Usually you just define in the movement whether you use dynamic bins which would then be the number of the process order or named bins which are fixed and always taken when this movement is used.

What are your bins there, is it dynamic or does it have some special meaning for you?

0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

thank you for your reply.

what i mean to say is when i ran LX03 for Material AA233 with storage type 914, it shows i have a stock for this material in storage type 914 as below.

BIN                         Qty stock

111abc                   -10

123abc                  40

134abc                  100

and In my system for WM Mvt Type 261 there was no bin maintain only storage type 914 is maintained.

and indicator for dynamic bin is checked against dest.

but i post GI for order and i checked material document WM details it shows bin 111abc.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And what field(s) are shown in OMNF transaction corresponding to your movement type customizing? Is it MSEG-AUFNR or some other field?

0 Kudos

In OMNF transaction i have following settings for my whs no.

requiremen type     dyn. bin material      Field name (mat. doc.)    

F                              unchecked          MSEG-AUFNR

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

okay, but I assume 111abc  is not an order number, is it?

did you change the customizing recently? was the order created after the customizing change?

0 Kudos

111abc is not an order. it is bin name. I created new order and still getting same output.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does this bin belong to the storage type 914? did you actively create it for 914 in LS03N transaction,  or is it a bin from another storage type but just used as a kind of dynamic bin in 914?

0 Kudos

bin is actively created. Its not dynamic bin.