Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting dump while processing trhough background

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are posting incoming invoices through bapi incoming invoice create which is called through RFC. But we have started getting dump DYNPRO_SEND_IN_BACKGROUND how can I know this pop up & alos how can avoid such kind of error. I have attached dump.

Thanks,

Kiran

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

the problem is a dynpro is called while your program working in background: it's not allowed to call a dynpro in background mode

You should skip that call:

133|            IF NOT ls_textheader-name IS INITIAL.                                           |

|  134|              rm06e-ltex1 = text-004.                                                       |

|  135|            ELSE.                                                                           |

|  136|              rm06e-ltex1 = text-006.                                                       |

|  137|            ENDIF.                                                                          |

|  138|            CALL SCREEN 500 STARTING AT 14 10                                               |

|  139|                            ENDING   AT 60 15.                                              |

|>>>>>|            IF overwrite = ' '.                                                             |

|  141|              EXIT.                                                                         |

|  142|            ENDIF.                                                                          |

Now that screen is called by fm ME_GET_REQUISITION_TEXT_EXT, so you should check why it calls the dynpro, I suppose you're using the BAPI BAPI_INCOMINGINVOICE_CREATE and so that screen shouldn't be called, there's the following check:

*---- Popup-Abfrage: Soll der Text überschrieben werden? --------------*

IF eban_entries GT 0 AND sy-binpt IS INITIAL

AND i_bapi_call IS INITIAL.                   "628832

*---- 1. Zeile: 'Bestellanforderung ... ' -----------------------------*

So the screen shouldn't be called if a BAPI calls ME_GET_REQUISITION_TEXT_EXT,

Try to check fm ME_GET_REQUISITION_TEXT_EXT; is there the red abap code?

Max

0 Kudos

given red code is available in function module ME_GET_REQUISITION_TEXT_EXT

0 Kudos

Hi

so you need to check who calls ME_GET_REQUISITION_TEXT_EXT:

try to insert a breakpoint and run your program online: that screen should be called online too

Max

0 Kudos

Along with checking the i_bapi_call, its worthwhile to check the value for "sy-binpt". If the process is run in background, this should be set to X which should stop the dynpro from being called.

Thanks,

Vikram.M

0 Kudos

Hi

SY.BATCH is set to X if a process is in background

SY-BINPT  is  set to X if the program is submitted by batchinput process (so it doesnt' mean a background process)

Max

0 Kudos

ah. Thanks Max. Got confused between the two.