cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh on Trigger when Trigger cell:(value changes = TRUE and SHow trend = 1) value becomes TRUE

former_member208901
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using Label selection and Tree map to represent high level data in SAP Dashboards, and there are detail trending charts but don't want to display and run until show trending is checked and a block is selected from Tree map

A cell value is derived from Label and Tree map block selections

Show Trending value is from Check box selection

Cell value changed and Check box(show trending) is selected, then query needs to fired.

Refresh on Trigger when Trigger cell:(value changes = TRUE and Show trend = 1) value becomes TRUE

How can i achieve this functionality in SAP Dashboards 4.1, can you please direct me if there are other alternatives?

Thank you very much!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use a connection refresh button to trigger the query and set dynamic visibility to it. It should be visible only when the check box is selected "AND" value is changed. write logic for that. So even if the value in destination cell from chart changes, the query will not be triggered since it is not visible. AND has to be set. It Worked. This may help you.

former_member208901
Participant
0 Kudos

Actually i am not familiar with excel that much, how can we write a statement that recognizes

value of field changes = TRUE and Show trend = 1. If this statement returns TRUE i would display 1 else 0.?

Thanks!

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please check the link to get clarify how trigger works on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a push button and map the destionation of your chart ( value that changes) as the source and some other cell as the destination. Now check if the input value changes or not.

Eg:

Chart destination :A1

Push button source : A1, Destination:B1

Check if i/p value changes or not : B6==IF(A1=B1,0,1). This will return 0 if value didn't change and 1 if it changes.

Map the destination of check box into some other cell

For Eg :

C4. This will have 1 if the check box is checked else will hold 0.

Now we have logic to find out if the value is changing and check box is selected or not in two diferent cells. now write the following logic.

say A4.

A4= =IF(AND(B6=1,C4=1),1,0)

This will have 1 only if both conditions are satisfied.

Now map the trigger cell to A4. and give When value becomes 1.

Please try and reply. This should work.

former_member208901
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your response Iswarya. I have completely understand your solution and tried. But to work i have to click on "Push Button" manually and after that change selection on chart. How can we automate this process?

Is there any other option in SAP Dashboards that stores our previous selection, so that i can compare it to current selection?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try Using History component. It can hold the previous selection made and you can compare it with current selection.

former_member208901
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Iswarya! Everything is perfectly working with History component and above solution

Answers (0)