cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

brtools error in a distributed system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

We have recently moved only database of our ECC to a new server: the current situation is that we have the central SAP instance on a server (SunOs) and the database on another server (Linux Exadata).

Our problem comes when we want to use certain features of the BRTOOLS, such as an extension of a tablespace.

The error is as follows:

BR0370I Directory /oracle/AEP/sapreorg/seqocisq created
BR0280I BRSPACE time stamp: 2015-05-21 12.24.44
SQL Error -1580 BR0301E location at BrCtlBackup-1, SQL statement:
'/ * BRSPACE * / ALTER DATABASE BACKUP CONTROLFILE TO' /oracle/AEP/sapreorg/seqocisq/cntrlAEP.old ''
ORA-01580: error creating backup file check /oracle/AEP/sapreorg/seqocisq/cntrlAEP.old
ORA-27040: file create error unable to create file
Linux-x86_64 Error: 2: No such file or directory
Additional information: 1
BR0320E Copying of control file to /oracle/AEP/sapreorg/seqocisq/cntrlAEP.old failed

The /oracle/AEP/sapreorg/seqocisq is successfully created in the SunOs server, but the brspace attempts to create the backup file cntrlAEP.old control in the Linux Exadata server.

The BRTOOLS executables are in the SunOs server (along with the central SAP instance)
When we use the BRTOOLS to, for example, show the tablespaces, everything works fine (BR1005I BRSPACE completed successfully).

How can we fix it?

Is it mandatory to install BRTOOLS in the Exadata server?

Would we create a common path for the sapreorg directory?

thanks and regards,

Iñaki

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

BR* must be installed in the database nodes (regardless if you have a 3 tier or 2 tier, RAC or sinle instance, EXADATA or ODA or other thing).

it is as easy as that.
you can find information on the following notes:

1627541  - BR*Tools support for Oracle ASM and Exadata/ODA

However, the prerequisite for this is that a remote shell connection or a secure shell connection without a password was set up between the database nodes and from the "oracle" to the "<sid>adm" OS user, and that the BR*Tools are installed on all nodes.

1598594  - BR*Tools configuration for Oracle installation using user "oracle"

and any of the 3 documents explaining how to use SAP netweaver with Exadata:

SAP NetWeaver and Oracle Exadata Database Machine (page 11)

Using SAP NetWeaver with the Oracle Exadata Database Machine: A Best Practices Guide (page 6)

Using SAP NetWeaver with Oracle Database 12c on Oracle Exadata (page 17)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Brindavan_M
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you should place brtools files for new server linux for exa : /oracle/SID ".  when database server installed in Linux and CI is in different platform then brtools file should be with linux based files.

Thanks,

BM