cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCM 5.0 Upgrade LANG_SELECT Phase Terminates during PREPARE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We are upgrading APO system from SCM 4.1 to SCM 5.0. During PREPARE, LANG_SELECT phase terminates with error

"Please mount another language disk for these language(s).

You need at least CDs which satisfy the vector "DE" (standard languages) for all components.

It is not allowed to omit this update."

I did the following and it didn't help

1> I have mounted all the Language CDs as per Upgrade guide and a few extra ones for SCM 5.0 and NW04 SR2

2> I found a few notes with similar error but on older releases for R3 and one for NW04s iseries. The solution offered in the notes was for 4.6D to upgrade to the latest kernel patch.

The kernel was latest 640 kernel, but I upgrade the kernel to REL 7.00 latest patch and restarted the phase, which resulted in different errors , so I reverted the kernel to REL 640.

3> Upgraded the kernel in upgrade directory /usr/sap/put/exe to latest patch of REL 700, I am still getting the same error.

Our APO system in Non-Unicode

Any ideas, inputs that can help with getting over this error is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lata

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The issue is resolved. I uploaded the CDs again and restarted the prepare phase The downloaded software had some files which were corrupted.

Thanks

Lata