cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing the Node data from one application to Another Webdynpro Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear WebDynpro Guru's,

I have a requirement from my client is that from the one application user wants to see  the list of PR which is going to be Approved and if the user has selected the list of PR line items & he wants to see the details of the them. for this requirement i have develop Two different Web dynpro applications but my client is asking that first he has to show list of PR with line items with the minimum data then he has selected some item's of the single PR List he wanted to see the details briefly like the interactive ALV of the Normal ALV reports. for this i made as component usage call the second application in my first application so here how can i pass the selected table node to another application. Here i'm already tried the method url passing application & fields but it's not full fill our requirement. Please help me with your valuable suggestions & inputs to achieve this & also if he click that line item first view is invisible any other application view is only visible while back then he see the first application list only.

Thanks & Regards,

Suresh Reddy. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member222068
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Please go through this link.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2003a78c-88e5-3010-b0b7-f6b2f62f9...

Thanks & Regards,

Sankar Gelivi

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Your current design will make you more complicated. Instead of passing the values in URL, it is best that you can handle the process through node.

Please follow the below steps.

1. In your PR list application, collect all of your header and item data and store it in a separate node, where you should expose this node as an Interface node.

2. Now in your second process, based on the conditions that you met from PR list, make the component usage of your PR list component node in your details view component.

3. Now populate the values from the node, as it will hold values.

But one more option is there, which definitely gives you a better performance.

1. Don't go ahead for another WDA. In your same component, create another(Detail_View) view with the node holding all the relevant data.

2. For your PR item, create a single ton class and save all the data in the class. Please follow the below doc.

3. Now based on your business action, display the Detail_View. Now you have two advantages, one is you have already stored the values in the node and the other one is you are also saving it in your custom business class.

Hence you can minimize your design to single application by handling two views in same component.

BR,

RAM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Here no need to create two applications.

you can do this using one component only.

create a component , with 2 views.

in the first view you show the PR list with less values

and inn the second view , you show the detailed values.

Regards,

Shony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shony,

Thank you for the your valuable suggestion but i need two different application why because my client use these two applications for different purpose & that to be only authorized persons can only run these applications different way.While user wants see the data details of the PR line items he is no need to see the other application buttons only he his having details overview no further actions on the Second application.  

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

You have to give the name of the component in the component use,which you want to reuse

you have to make the node interface node in the main component (First one)

once you call the req. component then the value will flow from the interface node.

Regard

Shony KJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shony,

Thank you for your valuable input i have tried using the interface node concept.But i'm not getting the values of the first application node values when my second application is initiated. Here i was made as call the second application in my first application set the interface node according to the user action and then in the second application again call the first application by component usage get the interface node of the first application in second application while getting the data from the interface node in the there is no data . Here I call the second application by using the URL in first application.

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you bind the node values in your first application????Check it up first.

Else check, whether are you clearing the nodes at some where. try to find out in debugging, whether the data is saved in your node at run time.

BR,

RAM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ramakrishnan,

yes i'm bind the node correctly at the first application while second application is initiated  i'm accessing the node values that i'm binding the interface node there is no entries in that node.

I'm not saved any data anywhere. Please help me where i did the mistake develop my requirement.On the debug mode i checked that the node is correctly bind at the first application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Try this link

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=103481411

Hope this will solve the issue.

Rewards if useful.

Regards

Shony

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

As you told that you have already bound the node values in your first application, now make sure that you have mapped the right node of your interface controller at your second application.

I mean once you added the component usage of your first application in your second application, make the interface node mapping in your second application of the interface controller.

It will definitely resolve your problem.

BR,

RAM.