cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to enter useful life in days in asset master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

Our client has an asset which is acquired and capitalized on 15.03.2005. This asset has the useful life of 20 years. This asset is part of our Production Plant and which was started on 01.04.2000 with a useful life of 20 Yrs. So, all the assets with this plant needs to be fully depreciated by 31.03.2020. 

If we change the ordinary depreciation start date in asset master as Plant start date, remaining life is not getting correctly calculated after changing the original Depreciation Start Date. Also the Asset is not getting fully depreciated and the amount is getting accumulated along with 5% Scrap value. 

The FY is from April to March.  

We require that it should be possible to enter the useful life of the asset in years and days.

Kindly help us regarding what settings need to be done in period control method and multi-level method.

Thanks and regards

Abhilasha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

beam_liang
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Abhilasha,

As the depreciation start date in closed fiscal year, if you change the depreciation start date, the remaining fiscal year will not be changed automatically.

You should change your useful life and remaining useful life and period manually to make depreciation calculated as your expectation.

Best regards.

Beam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am tagging you as i need a help in Asset management and i can see that your one of the mentors of the space.

REquest your exprt comments and help in this.

Thanks.

Regards,

Abhilasha.

vivek_srivastava12
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilasha,

The useful life will always be in Year (Planned Useful Life in Year) you can not change it to Days, what you can do is maintain Period Control in Days and the value which you put in field "Planned Useful life in periods" will be considered as days.

But this will be a big change if you are already live on SAP Fixed Asset Module.

Hope this helps!!!

Br,Vivek

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilasha,

You can enter the useful life of the asset in year and periods and not in days. So you count the days in periods and input the same in the asset master.

Regards,

Mukthar