cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing SAP-GW port for oftp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

We have an OFTP-connection to an external partner. In our old SAP PI-system we used port 3305 for the partner to connect to us, however, in our new PI system this does not work (because sap-gw uses port 3356 so they can not reach our SAP PI-server).

My question is, is there a way to change this so SAP PI listens on port 3305?!

Sorry for a bad formulated question...I'm not 100% into all this basis-stuff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

You cannot change the port of the gateway, but you can install a standalone gateway for your PI system, the port is related to the system number of the instance, so you could install a standalone gateway instance 05 so the port will be 3305.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

This sounds like a good idea. How do we do this?

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gateway - SAP Library

Regards, Juan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP gateway port is 33$$.

Where $$ is instance number of you SAP system where gateway resides, so for changing 3356 to 3305 you need to change instance number of SAP system from 56 to 05.

If your new PI is JAVA only then check in SLD-> Administration -> Setting -> All, check for gateway service : sapgw$$ .

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not Basis, but I guess this is not something we do just like that, right? Or is it easy to do?

behlau_carlos
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

usually SAP System communicate via communication documents (for example RFC connections).

To reach a partner system, you would just update the communication document, as usually you can enter there the servername/IP Address and Gateway Port.

As alternate you could also use the SAP Router software.

Changing to port of a SAP instance is done in the profile parameter of the instance and on OS level on the file [services].

Best regards

Carlos