Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Tracking Real Estate Facility costs across company codes

My current client is consolidating its real estate portfolio to be able to report on all facilities from a centralized company code. The problem is that certain facilities are currently in company codes that do not track expenses per facility, others track them within cost centers and others within internal orders.  Internal Orders are used extensively in the organization (overall I think there are hundreds of thousands – so I am reluctant to suggest creating ten plus internal orders for each facility to track individual types of expenses per facility)

Here are a couple of questions that I would be grateful for help (feel free to answer one, some or all)

1. 1) Can you post a single line to both an internal order and a statistical order? Thus can I create a single statistical order for each facility, use Exit COOPA0003 to create custom fields and use this statistical order in addition to internal orders already used by certain entities?

1. 2) Is it possible to create an alternative hierarchy for only real estate facilities and post to these? Thus, can you post to 2 cost centers at the same time, of which one of the cost centers is the alternative hierarchy cost center? If the cost is captured through an internal order that settles to a cost center, can I also post to the alternative hierarchy?

1. 3) And now …. wishful thinking …. Is there a field in FI that I can open that can track these real estate facility costs no matter how it is currently captured in ECC?

Thanks in advance. If you have solved a similar problem, or have an idea of how it could be solved, please feel free to comment.

Tags:
Former Member

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question