cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to model equipment as a constraint in Work Center?

ruchi_das2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to model the scenario where I have a Finished good routing. One of its operations has a work center constrained by the equipment used in the work center. This operation is an inspection and uses a standard prototype to carry out the task. Each product has a unique prototype and there is only 1 prototype per product to verify against. How can I model this in routing since its a constraint on the resource but not a constraint to produce Finished good. The operation takes 10 min per 1 Unit/EA of product.

I am using APO to generate plans and the reason I need to consider this as a constraint is for a fact that I can generate plans for other products for max. resource utilization. Appreciate your inputs.

Regards

AK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rahul_agarwal5
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Don't you think this should be a part of part of QM ?

Its not a bottleneck for production but for Inspection so ideally this can't be a part of routing which only pertains to production.

Still, If you want to map it. I suggest to have this Inspection Equipment as a separate Resource having the available capacity out of which 10 min can be used in routing of item like any regular WC/routing.

ruchi_das2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Rahul,

The bigger picture of my problem is the ability to use it for planning purposes in APO so that this constraint can be taken into account. PRT was an option but it is supported only for SAP DIMP solution. Thanks for your suggestion but i cannot use it as this point.

Regards

AK

Answers (0)