cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Screen Personas 2.0 SP03 - how to get started?

former_member189862
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have installed Personas 2.0 SP03 installed on our system.

We did a lot of research to find out, what is the next step.

We did the configuration check in /PERSOS/ADMIN_UI, so it looks good.

Main Question

Now where to start creating flavors or editing screens? We logged into WEBGUI for HTML but not able to see the editor bar, as shown in all demos. Even looked into many getting started guides, but still no luck.

Any help will be appreciate to guide for next steps?

Thanks

Kapil.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The easiest way to get the Personas URL is by running transaction SICF. Enter service name mainapp, hit Execute and on the upcoming tree list screen right-click 'mainapp' then test the service. You should get the logon screen. Save this URL for next time.

former_member189862
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Tamas,

Thanks for your reply. We tried to test the mainapp in SICF, so we got following error in the internet explorer

• The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.

So, we changed the parameters of the URL where the server name was available with IP address of the server.

Like previously it was http://dev1:8000/sap/bc/bsp/persos/mainapp?sap-client=1XX

so we changed the dev1 to an IP address we use for webgui , say for example 0.0.0.0

then we get following error

The following error text was processed in the system:

The URL contains no complete domain specification (0.0.0.0 instead of 0.0.0.0.<domain>.<ext>).

Webgui is working fine, we can login using the IP address http://0.0.0.0:8000/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui

PS : We have replaced the actual ip with 0.0.0.0 for security reasons.

Could you please provide further inputs .

Thanks,
Kapil.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Personas 2.0 is using a BSP as the entry point and as such, it requires the fully qualified domain name. You cannot use an IP address. Use the complete server name with domain (the same you configured in SPRO under System Settings).

former_member189862
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Tamas,

Latest update : When we test mainapp service from SICF. It takes us to a login page of SAP. and when we provide login credentials, it gives the same error Exception for FQDN      ->

This time I am not using the IP address and using default alphanumeric server name that comes in the service by default.  We also maintained this in our windows hosts file for IP resolution.

http://dev1:8000/sap/bc/bsp/persos/mainapp?sap-client=1XX

Business Server Page (BSP) error

Exception ClassCX_FQDN
Error Name
ProgramCX_FQDN=======================CP
IncludeCX_FQDN=======================CM002
ABAP ClassCX_FQDN
MethodCHECK
Line10
Long text-

Any further advise?

Thanks

Kapil.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Take a screen shot of the system settings from your installation.

It must be a FQDN. dev1 is not sufficient.

What is the Server.Url and Service.Uri?

former_member189862
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Tamas,

Where can I find this information in my SAP system, is available on the server or I can see it in some tcode in SAP itself?

Thanks

Kapil.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

It's the same SPRO path you used to add the system name: SPRO-> Cross Application Components -> SAP Screen Personas -> Maintain Systems.

Then you select the system and go to System Settings.

former_member189862
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Tamas,

Its blank, not sure what should we add there?

Thanks,
Kapil.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

At the bare minimum, you need a properly configured Server.Url and Service.Uri parameter there.

Review the corresponding section of this document for the details: Personas 2.0 Configuration Guide - Addendum - SAP Imagineering - SCN Wiki

former_member189862
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Tamas,

With great guidance from you, We have come to the final step(I guess). Now we am able to login in screen personas, however, there is a error as shown below - Session has timed out, but this comes right after we go past login page -

Any inputs?

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Can you verify if the correct handler class is entered for service restgui in transaction SICF?

The handler name should be CL_HTTP_EXT_ITS_BASIC

former_member189862
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Tamas,

Yes its maintained that way for both restgui, still getting the session timed out error, any other tips, please?

/default_host/sap/restgui/

/default_host/sap/bc/

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This has got to be some installation problem or configuration setting... I'd recommend going through the link I mentioned earlier to make sure everything is taken care of exactly as described.

If that doesn't help, create an OSS incident and provide the necessary access so the support team can look into the issue in the system.

I wonder why do you have two different restgui services defined though... you only need one.

0 Kudos

have you tested your restgui service? what do you see there?

see tamas's link..it has a section to test restgui service..

former_member189862
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Tamas and Sushant,

After testing Restgui, it goes to SAP login page and nothing else happens.

If I test mainapp, it gives me that error of series of popup for "Session has timed out - please login again". Not sure where to resolve that error.

Thanks

Kapil.

0 Kudos

kapil,

how did you test the restgui? Just right click and Test service won't help. I hope you had followed the instructions in Tamas's link. End of the test, you should see a weird control tree...

If your restgui test was good and your system maintenance is correct then just open a css message.

Can you also launch Personas by add the following in your URL : &~transaction=SE11

What do you see..same story??

Regards,

Sushant

former_member189862
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Sushant,

Yes same popup again using the URL : &~transaction=SE11

" The Session has Timed out - please log in again"

former_member189862
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Tamas and Sushant,

As Tamas said we don't need 2 restgui services, that was the whole issue. We deleted one restgui services and now I can login to Personas Main Screen Yuppie

0 Kudos

HI I need Help in the same problem.

I cant change CL_HTTP_EXT_ITS to CL_HTTP_EXT_ITS_BASIC.

This error appears. I never created restgui service, it was already there.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Go to transaction SE06 and alter the system change options so that namespace /PERSOS/ and component PERSOS are modifiable.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

When i am try to open the Test Service of " mainapp.". when i click the Test system it shows the Following ERROR .

In have Provided following Roles access.

/PERSONAS/ADMIN_ROLE

/PERSONAS/CONSUMER_ROLE

/PERSONAS/EDITOR_ROLE

/PERSOS/ADMIN_ROLE

Kindly help me to find, where am i missing my config part.

Regards

Uga

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The first three roles you listed belong to Personas 3.0 so they won't have any effect in Personas 2.0.

/PERSOS/ADMIN_ROLE will only control access to the Personas 2.0 Administration transaction, so this one is also unnecessary to access Personas 2.0 flavors or to perform flavor development.

What you need is a Personas role assigned in the admin transaction. Your user doesn't have any role assigned, this is why you get the message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

I have Maintained the Admin_role  in User Maintenance

Still i am facing same issues and i am not able to add more than one role .

Kindly guide me step by step or advice me .i am not able find were i was gone wrong.

Regards ,

Uga

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

In this case, I'd recommend checking the complete Personas 2.0 installation according to this article. Perhaps something was forgotten or wasn't properly configured.

It is correct that you can only assign one Personas role to a user per system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas ,.

As per advice i have crossed Checked .i Have come across some error in  Health Check .

Regards,

Uga

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

That's the health check for Personas 3.0... again, has nothing to do with the Silverlight-based Personas 2.0 product.