cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output an IDoc using Delivering Plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a requirement to create a Warehouse Shipping Notification (940) for all outside managed warehouses. We communicate these documents via EDI.  The only unique key for both orders and transfer orders is DELIVERING PLANT.  Has anyone gone through the process of setting up a DP partner?  Specifically the set up for WE20 and any other subsequent or pre-requisite activities/entries?

I've gone through the process of creating an output type for an EDI Document but now reach a point where I cannot proceed.  In order to create the necessary iDoc, there must be an entry in WE20.   However, I'm at a loss as to what "partner profile" the delivery plant should be attached.  It is not really a partner of the customer as, depending on where the product is located, it could ship from any one of our plants or one of the outside warehouses.  Its not a vendor function as the documents are produced from SD.....not MM....and we aren't buying anything...just instructing the warehouse to prepare an order for shipping.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just use Logical System and medium should be ALE instead of EDI.