Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting to FI without RFC connection

former_member189496
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a new requirement to post Travel Expenses to an SAP FI system without using an RFC connection which is prohibited by security department

I've never done this but I know that we can send iDocs thru FTP / sFTP instead of using the RFC connection from SAP to SAP.

When you create your ALE model view, you select different BAPIs like "Creditor.find". This enable you to get some data "on the fly" from TM to FI.

In my case i won't be able to use RFC and so won't be able to "ask" FI to give me some info on request while doing the posting; like the vendor code for example.

So do you think that it is possible to copy vendor accounts, G/L accounts on TM system; and then "just" create the idocs for the posting on TM and send them to FI thru FTP ?

Have you ever seen / implemented this scenario ?

Thanks in advance for your feedback

Best regards,

Christophe.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

your approach is not practicable!

At least in SAP standard this would not be possible.

The ALE interface (as you have mentioned) check some data "on the fly" from the FI system.

If you like to transfer your data via sFTP this would not work. Also no return from the successful posting would updated the TE cluster.

This would be a custom solution on file transfer data without any status data for each trip.

BTW the RFC is common approach for all SAP customers I know. And I have done this in small, medium and for very huge SAP Travel Management implementation.

Please ask your security department what is the reason for this. Thank we can discuss in details.

Best regards, Sigi

former_member189496
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I fully agree with you, RFC is standard way of exchanging between SAP. Unfortunately it is not considered secured enough because exchange are in clear and not encrypted. We have sensitive companies to manage and security is very strict

we are investigating to transform RFC request into webservice. We will have then standard RFC request to "TM" Webservice server, transformed into webservice, sent to "FI" webservice server thru HTTPS, transformed again into standard RFC request to FI. And vice versa for the answer.

So very complex connection just to "bypass" direct RFC connection

Regards,

Christophe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - there is a own forum for Security on SCN. I think best is to post this there.

I'm not in the details but I guess it is less effort to secure the RFC calls than to do a custom develop for Travel.

Best regards, Sigi

former_member189496
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your feedbacks all.

I will chase security department to see if we can more secure RFC but I'm not optimistic

There are some militaries in and so not so flexible

BR

Christophe

kmoore007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does your security department run the business?  Probably not.  I would question this practice of not allowing ALE, which is an SAP standard solution to move data between systems.  Benchmark other companies in your area as examples and weight to your argument.