Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

possiblity of RF ID in Beverages industry

ravindra_devarapalli
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am new to RF ID. Can you please help on this.

My client there are running beverages products. They want to implement Bar code scanning with rf id. Is it possible to implement RF ID for Beverages products. If it is possible . How we can do this in sap.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

Yes, it is possible to integrate RFID with SAP .

What is the exact requirement of Client??

1. RFID and Bar Code both are used at same time? RFID and Bar code are different technologies.

2. What they want to track by RFID? like beverage temp, manufacturing date of beverage, real time tracking of product while in transit or first in first out scenario in store.

Regards

Amit

ravindra_devarapalli
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Sorry for delay,

Client needs only Bar code. not required any RF ID mobile device.

Please suggest, if we need to ask any questions. Can you please share questions what we need to ask and how to do in sap.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

The whole idea about what is changes in business scenarios. In which business process, bar code system you want to implementation like when beverage product(Recycled Bottles) received in warehouse or finished product out from warehouse or during the manufacturing process.

What types of reports required by the help of bar code system?

Regards_Amit

ravindra_devarapalli
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no re-use of bottle. They will prepare products with packets like fruit juice and with small size of boxes like tea powder ..

The main aim is to track the product in future reference.

Please suggest..

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

It seems, AII-OER module fits in your case.

By the usage of device controller , barcode can be read through AII module and event can be pushed to OER module for track and trace purpose...

Let me know, if you have any more queries..

Regards,

Ratnakar

ravindra_devarapalli
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tracking means Its not GPS. They wan't get details in future. Just for bar coding not for any GPS or any RFID ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems, track and trace is not important in your case as products are not returnable asset as you have mentioned no reuse.....

Then if you want to keep only info of barcode for future purpose.. to re use the same.. then why do not you integrate it in custom way..

A reference for the same :

Regards,

Ratnakar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

As your requirement, following process may be adopted:

Bar code generated stage 1 (Already printed) on empty packets --.> After filling beverage product on packet-->Finished product move on conveyor belt--> End of conveyor belt, Finished Product(Packets) scanned by

Bar Code   --> Multiple level bar code generated for packing and shipping, future reference

Hopefully this will be helpful. More Process can be adopted as requirement.

Regards_Amit

ravindra_devarapalli
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi amit,

Almost its reach the my requirement. But if it is already generated bar code on packets then how to match bar code into sap Bar code.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Ravindra, you are correct. Bar code generate after beverage filled on packet.No Pre printed bar code used.

RFID tags have a facility of pre coding but in bar code case it is not possible. 

Note: Bar code printer would be installed at production line also.

Kindly mail to me at patel_amit07@rediff.com, the whole idea and process for better solution if you don't mind.  

Regards_Amit