cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Button image on iPad not showing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are working with the SAPWM 6.1 application on iPads.

We have a detail screen with tile list field.

Each tile has a field of type button. We do not use label or placeholder, but we want to display an image on this button.

However, this image is not visible...

If we log in to the WPF client, the image is shown.

The action behind the button is excecuted correctly.

Are we missing something to have the image displayed on the iPad? Has it something to do with the file type, the size...?

Kind regards,

Judith

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Judith,

Have you considered using an embedded image instead of a button field.  The embedded image can still call an action when tapped.  From my experience, I found I needed to only enable the embedded image action when the tile was the selected tile in order for the targeting to work as I wanted.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Bill,

We experienced some issues with the embedded image in a tile on a tile list. It seems as if the target for the action can not be found.

It seems as if the solution you suggest, requires a user to click once on the tile to select it, and a second time on the tile to select the action behind the embedded image?

We can not ask our end users to click twice to execute one action.
Our screen is a simple 'checklist' with two buttons to answer 'Y' or 'N' for a certain displayed question.

We also tried to 'fix' the image on the button by the background image of the tile. This worked, since the buttons on the iPad are see-through.

However, the image rule for the background of the tile screen is not updated, so we could not use this.

We are currently using a 'fixed' background image with text 'Y' and 'N' that matches the position of the see-through buttons. Next to that, we have some embedded image fields (without actions behind) that have hidden rules to either show a green flag or red flag.

Kind regards,

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Judith,

That is basically the same use case I was implementing as well.  Unfortunately two clicks is still much better than a transaction per question so it was acceptable.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bill,

I am using 2 transactions: 1 to put the Answer property to Y, 1 to set it N.

We have a collection of objects 'Question' in a field of type 'List Tile View'. Each question has properties ID, Description, Answer

No need to have a transaction for each object...?

It now takes us one click to set the answer to Y or N for each question.

Kr,

Judith

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sorry, by transaction per question I was more referring to a survey / questionaire model more like what is in Service manager where when the user starts to answer a survey each question is presented on a different transaction screen and the user has to click next to go to the next question compared to a list of questions and clicking yes/no on each.

--Bill