cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to sign applets in xMII 14?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello xMII experts,

We need advice how we can make our applets, we have created using the xMII workbench, run on systems with java installation higher than 7.0.

Here is a summary of our system set-up:

1. We have multiple plants and each plant has its own xMII installation installed locally in the plant.
2. Each plant has several lines with workstations which are used for remote access to the xMII system and setup of the production process for the current line.

3. Workstation operators are using Internet Explorer to connect to the xMII projects we developed in order to manage our processes.

4. Those applications were developed using xMII 12 functionality and are in most cases are irpt files.

5. Now we are migrating the applications to xMII 14.

Oracle enforced new security policy, since java 7.0, and made is stronger with java 8.0. Now because of the updates for IE and java, we constantly get the error message even after we configure the java security Exception Site List when trying to use our applets, developed with xMII technology. 

Here are the official documents from Oracle about the security change:

From those documents we have concluded that in order to fix this issue we need to either sign the applets with a certificate or modify the MANIFEST.MF file to include the sandbox security modifier.

Could you advice how we can do this?

I suppose it would be easier to simply modify the MANIFEST.MF or SAPMANIFEST.MF files. 

Could you confirm that? 

Can you provide us with step by step scenario how to do that?

I have searched the SAP notes, knowledge articles and the xMII documentation I could find and did not managed to come across such document.

Thank you in advance and best regards

Denitsa Evtimova

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Denista,

You don't need to sign the applets. The applets are already signed by SAP from MII 14.0 SP03 patch 2 onwards,

In case you are on an older version of MII, please upgrade your installation.

Regards,

Anushree

Answers (0)